Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Abrams to direct Star Wars VII after all?

2»

• lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    He fracked up the original trilogy and refused to do a new digitally remastered release of the original films, from prior to the 1997 "special editions." (hopefully, Disney will reverse that decision and do a Blu-Ray release of the original films)
    We're talking about the company that already schedules direct-to-video sequels before the movie even reaches the theaters.
    If there's even a remote chance that something might result in a large enough profit they're gonna be on it like a politician on a bag of dirty money.
  • mcooneymcooney0 Posts: 0Member
    Strangely my first worry about new Wars is formatting. Personaly i think Lucas went to shooting prequels in HD video before the technology was mature. JJ Abrams shoots film, 35mm anamorphic. But that kinda like going from vinyl to cd then back to vinyl again. And disney wants 3d but i personaly hate 2d movies being post converted. And shooting a movie in 35mm and just popping in FX sequences in IMAX i think isn't right unless there is a specific plot point to having a huge resolution formatting difference shift in a movie.

I was thinking back on the old 80's Captain Eo attraction at disneyland. I personaly wish JJ Abrams would use the over under 65mm 3D film process used way back then. Or at least 65mm,but not IMAX. But that doesnt use anamorphic leses so you dont ge giant blue flares of light.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    lennier1 wrote: »
    We're talking about the company that already schedules direct-to-video sequels before the movie even reaches the theaters.
    If there's even a remote chance that something might result in a large enough profit they're gonna be on it like a politician on a bag of dirty money.

That's actually my hope. With enough people complaining about no HD-ready DVD/Blu-Ray transfers of the original films, Disney is likely salivating at the prospect. It would will out for everyone, they'll get their money and those of us who want the original films in a nice HD copy will have them.

The original unaltered films (not even remastered) were made available on DVD, but it was more like George was giving us the finger because they were literally the original films, non-HD transfers, film grain and all, and they were only available in boxed sets with the "special editions."
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    That's actually my hope. With enough people complaining about no HD-ready DVD/Blu-Ray transfers of the original films, Disney is likely salivating at the prospect. It would will out for everyone, they'll get their money and those of us who want the original films in a nice HD copy will have them.

The original unaltered films (not even remastered) were made available on DVD, but it was more like George was giving us the finger because they were literally the original films, non-HD transfers, film grain and all, and they were only available in boxed sets with the "special editions."

I would LOVE to have the original trilogy 100% unaltered on DVD. If Disney just gives me this, I can be happy, Star Wars-wise.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Well, as lennier1 pointed out, they do tend to try and suck up every dime that's not nailed down, so the odds are in our favor of that happening. :)
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Well, as lennier1 pointed out, they do tend to try and suck up every dime that's not nailed down, so the odds are in our favor of that happening. :)
    No originals yet, but it seems like they've already realized that they shouldn't waste resources on useless crap: http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/exclusive-no-more-star-wars-3d-prequel-releases-lucasfilm-passes-to-focus-on-new-trilogy/