Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

VFX Ninjas Needed on THE DRIFT - Got an evening or two free?.....

QuitonsetQuitonset0 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2013 in Looking for... #1
Hi there guys! We are looking for more volunteers to help with the visual effects of our full feature length movie called THE DRIFT

The movie has been shot in full and now we need to add the VFX magic!

THE DRIFT is a completely original story made by Sci Fi fans from Backyard Productions. We started back in 1992 making fanfilms of Star Wars (The Empire Strikes Backyard / The Emperor's New Clones) and Indiana Jones (Doom Raiders) You can see our stuff at our Backyard Productions website (link below).

We are looking for After Effects and 3DS Max artists who would like to join the team, even for an evening!

The aim is to get lots of volunteers doing a small bit (of course you can do as much as you like!)

Here is a video explaining more.... http://youtu.be/9x43mkEDNHo

Everyone involved will be credited, and receive a copy of the movie! You will also be invited to the World Charity Premiere in London!

More details about us and behind the scenes at http://www.backyardproductions.co.uk

If you would like to help out drop me an email! [email protected]

Thanks!

Darren Scales
Executive Bully
Backyard Prodctions
[email protected]
Post edited by Quitonset on

• ortuzeroortuzero0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey all.
    My name is Jon, and I'm one of the chief VFX guys currently working on The Drift. If you have any technical queries regarding the project please don't hesitate to ask me.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    what do you want doing perhaps i could make some models for you but a word of warning i use sketchup and blender.
  • ortuzeroortuzero0 Posts: 0Member
    We are generally looking for bits of metallic space debris — think girders, scaffold, broken gantries and deck plates and bulkheads and pipes etc. etc. etc. all bent and twisted, and of all sizes from little bits of metal right up to big chunks of industrial-looking broken starship.
    We use 3ds max, so can you export from sketchup/blender in a format that we can import with a minimum of messing around (obj might work best).
    Thanks! :)
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    debris, not the most interesting thing to model and i have never done any before. but i may be able to help if you want a ship(or fighter) in obj format, it may take a few weeks(days if i am fast) though.