Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTOS Constitution Reboot (Finished)

• Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    Whew, I need to get back into this project! Anyone want to take a gander at when I'll actually finish this thing? lol
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    Absolutely!
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
  • FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    Totally legendary design !
    I'll probably start a new thread once I start this up again, so it's nice and fresh. And to avoid misconception that there are updates here, I'll stop posting in this thread.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I'd like to see more.
  • bernard guignardbernard guignard334 Posts: 48Member
    Nice work.
    To heck with starting a new thread. I've started up again on the old Connie! The things I've added (blocked out) since last time are a bridge, sensor dome, and the impulse engines. Not much progress, but in light of the 50th Anniversary, I thought I'd better do some more renders:

tumblr_oatl4bEy011ubvdnao1_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_oatl4bEy011ubvdnao2_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_oatl4bEy011ubvdnao3_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_oatl4bEy011ubvdnao4_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_oatl4bEy011ubvdnao5_r1_1280.png

Progress will be slow as usual. If there's anything I've learned from this project, it's that patience is everything. Cheers!
    wolfmaneagledocf15JES
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    Beautiful detail-work.
  • Knight26Knight26192 Posts: 838Member
    I like this design, true to the TOS Big-E, yet new and unique. Much nicer overall then the JJPrise.
  • EighthEighth0 Posts: 0Member
    I think I read the full thread the other day, I really enjoy watching other develop a design based on the classic. Really like the bussard collector evolution, the last one has nice darker feel which is pretty cool. I just started modeling trek stuff again so trying to gather ideas as I move forward with mine.

Amazing detail too!
    edited May 2020 #464
    ^ ^ :)

Dish Spike?
    14t3iqm.png
    Post edited by Hunter G on
    JES
    edited May 2020 #465
    Bridge progress:
    S2s9Tbb.png
    JES
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    This is a pretty awesome project.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Great looking bridge.
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    I am so, so delighted to see you return to this project. :D She's beautiful!
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Very nice details !
    Quick update:
    I will be remodeling this version from scratch, to improve the geometry and topology (and reduce the face count). I was going to wait to do that until after I finished this model, but I might as well do it now and save some time!
    edited May 2020 #471
    Part one of the rebuild: the bussards.

DYDPRYr.png

I think they resemble the original a little more now. Plus I was able to simplify them, which is always good.
    JES
    They look good. Have a rather industrial feel to them.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Outstanding work! This looks beautiful!
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    damn missed this one but this is some seriously impressive work - sort of a blend between the original and the refit - kinda what i imagine the original would have looked if not for 1960's tv budgets

if only the abrams enterprise had looked like this!!!
    edited May 2020 #475
    Redone nacelle end caps:
    LBhiJ0T.png
    JES
    Looking much better.

Are you still using Blender, and if so are you using cycles? Because that lit up bussard looks friggin' perfect.
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    This is a pretty awesome project.
    McC wrote: »
    I am so, so delighted to see you return to this project. :D She's beautiful!
    trekki wrote: »
    Very nice details !
    scifieric wrote: »
    Outstanding work! This looks beautiful!

Thanks for the compliments :)
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    They look good. Have a rather industrial feel to them.

I'm glad, since I'm kind of going for a slight industrial feel to it (but NOT the beer factory aesthetic PLEASE NO lol).
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Looking much better.

Are you still using Blender, and if so are you using cycles? Because that lit up bussard looks friggin' perfect.

And yes, still Blender Cycles.
    Stormcloud wrote: »
    damn missed this one but this is some seriously impressive work - sort of a blend between the original and the refit - kinda what i imagine the original would have looked if not for 1960's tv budgets

if only the abrams enterprise had looked like this!!!

You nailed my thought process. I'm approaching as if it was designed for the first time today, using the same shapes and basic detail placement. I also want it to look good extremely close up, which is going to make texturing it a living hell. I just have to do as much detail work as I can without textures.
    I have a question for anyone who can answer.

Where can I find someone who can build a quality physical model based off a cg one (assuming I save up some money)? I really would love to get a physical model off this once I'm finished.
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Hunter G wrote: »
    I have a question for anyone who can answer.

Where can I find someone who can build a quality physical model based off a cg one (assuming I save up some money)? I really would love to get a physical model off this once I'm finished.

You can simply send the model to Shapeways and have it 3D printed using Frosted Extreme Detail option. You can have it printed as one piece like a statue, or you can cut up your 3D model and get the pieces sent back to you as a more traditional model kit.

http://www.shapeways.com/
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Hunter G,..

I would suggest hitting up a gentleman who goes by AdmiralBuck on Resin Illuminati. He is currently the best scratch builder I have ever seen. Not sure if he does commissions but I would at least contact him.

Would suggest RELL77 but I think he has disappeared from the net.
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    Love the detailing on the nacelles, front and back. Looking really sharp. Also like the general lines of the hull overall. Very good interpretation of the Connie. Lots to look at, but nothing bogs the general lines down. Very well done.