Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

TMP Enterprise Interior References

TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
Hi folks,

I am currently modeling the TMP NCC-1701 Enterprise. I want to have interiors visible through all the windows but am having trouble finding good references for what the interior rooms, offices, quarters look like (except for Kirk's office in the first movie).

If anyone has any links or images that would be applicable for what I need, could you please post them here?

Thanks in advance....
Al
Post edited by Tralfaz on
Tagged:

• saulteniansaultenian331 Posts: 0Member
    Go to this website:

http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/

I use this all the time for references, there is a TMP high definition screencaps section with wonderful stills from all sections of the film (too many to mention, chronological in order). The best personnel quarters shots are from Ilia's quarters where she is in the sonic shower. Kirk's quarters are also very good along with the many corridor and recreation deck images from the Decker/Ilia video game exchange. General references are hard to come by as many of the locations were not built for the movie, time and budget was a concern and with Phase II being cancelled, were not pursued. There is also a book, Mr. Scott's guide to the Enterprise, which has many fine illustrations of proposed crew's quarters and other parts of the ship, but these were designed during the TWOK and after, so the validity of such documents remains dubious at best. The website above is by far the best reference for scenes from the movie, unless you wish to do your own screencaps from Bluray....

Hope that this helps...

Christopher Harvey
    Saultenian
    London
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Christopher pointed a good resource.

bmckain (Bob), from Foundation 3d, built a few interiors and the old lady herself. His thread is still up, and you can finf good references there.
    Ryutaro is also building one Enterprise, and built a few interiors, as the old lady, too. You can grab references from his thread (in this siste) and from his personal site.
    Hope that helps.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Thanks for the info guys.

On my lunch today, I tried looking up bmckain both here and Foundation 3D, but could not find him. Starship, could you please post a link to his thread?

And the filters they have at work here were blocking all of Ryutaro's images in his thread, so will have to wait until I get home to look at those.

I will also look at the images from the Trekcore website when I get home. We have a few used book stores around the city, and I will check there for Mr. Scott's Guide To The Enterprise. I've seen it before and wish I had picked it up now.
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    ...I tried looking up bmckain both here and Foundation 3D, but could not find him. Starship, could you please post a link to his thread?

Sure! here it goes: http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198
    The main focus is the ship herself, but you have good refs all around. Bob documented the development very well. I think after the page 14, youA’ll find more about the interiors. ;)
    Oh, it can be an interesting reading too: http://www.startrek-enterprise.us/Star_Trek_Home.html ;)
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Thanks for the links Starship. Interesting stuff there. Bob's enterprise is quite impressive as is Ryutaro's.

I played around last night and came up with this basic design. Rendering out to JPG made the image look a lot darker and dingier then it actually is. Not real detailed, just want something to occupy the windows. The textures have been baked on and global illumination was used in the baking process.

Al
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    Pat's star trek stage history for stage 8 has the floorplan for all the TMP sets that were used up until the Voyage Home (when they were converted to TNG sets) so that'll give you room sizes and layouts for the transporter room, quarters, sickbay, engineering and the captain's office, at the very least.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class