Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DNew Film

artistgpartistgp0 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2012 in Work in Progress #1
EARTHRISE

"99% of the human race has colonized on Mars. The remaining few work to rehabilitate our dying planet. Each year a small number are selected to return home to aid in the process. For those few, it will be their first glimpse of Earth. We follow them on their journey in this sci-fi psychological thriller.

Go home. For the first time."

http://www.indiegogo.com/earthrise/x/275867?c=home

Hello to all,
In a time when most science fiction films are a disappointment we are trying to tell a story that will have an impact. We are a group of independent filmmakers who love our craft and we are asking you for your help. PLEASE check out our fundraiser campaign, where you'll find a sweet promo video we put together. It is fictional corporate type video from the branch of government from within the film's story. You can give as little as a dollar or just share the link on your social media network.

You can also check out the poster for our film, EARTHRISE, as well as lots of other cool stuff to give you an idea of what the film is about, plus you can see trailers of our other award winning films. I thank you for your time and any thoughts in general of how we could improve the concept of the movie for passionate viewers such as yourself.

Thanks!!!
Post edited by artistgp on
Tagged:

• artistgpartistgp0 Posts: 0Member
    Here is the poster Art for the film
    98805.jpg
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    Interesting premise, I love a good indie scifi...

Having said that, is it sad that my first thought is, "how does 7+ billion people fit onto a planet half the size of Earth?"
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    Nadesico wrote: »
    Interesting premise, I love a good indie scifi...

Having said that, is it sad that my first thought is, "how does 7+ billion people fit onto a planet half the size of Earth?"

The world's population may not be that high after something that catastrophic happens. And also, Mars isn't 70% water like Earth is, so that's a lot of extra usable land (no idea where the water is coming from for the population though). Also, I'd imagine it wouldn't have any individual houses, but mostly large buildings and skyscrapers to keep the population in a tighter area.

That would be my guess anyway. It's not my movie! :D

Sounds like an interesting movie. Good luck with it!
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    True on all counts, but living space isn't the only thing needed to support life on another planet. You need water, food, radiation shielding (if it's mars unterraformed), etc...

Agriculture alone would require large amounts of water and space (and sunlight/energy) to produce enough food. So if 99% of Earth's population was a few hundred million, or even a billion, you're laughing but with no natural water on mars (Presume the disaster tainted Earths' water supply) there is no way they could purify/send enough to Mars to support a large population.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class