Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Memory Alpha

Many Star Trek fans are aware of the website memory-alpha.org but they are not aware that the Memory Alpha Project is actually much larger than the one site. The whole project also includes non-canon and licensed data into its collection and makes that data available to other fans and outlets like Memory Beta, Memory Gamma, LCARS Communications Network, LCARS Terminal, and coming soon all data from Memory Alpha will be available in the PADD program for the Apple iPhone. (The app is already in the Apple store but currently collects its data from the official Star Trek website, "The Continuum).

There are overlap team members that do work on Star Wars, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, Firefly, and other series projects as well.

I am looking to add images and information about the starships represented here into the collection to make sure that data presented is the most accurate. All data offered includes credits to recognize the artists and authors responsible. We acknowledge those that assist with the art too- like those that may modify a mesh with new textures or fix a glitch. We are looking for background data about the ships too. We are hoping to get encyclopedic-style entries about each item we make available, even if all the data is not out of an episode.

In all cases we combine all data received from our many sources, edit them into single, concise entries, and make them available for free to various sources- some we are not even aware of.

Mark Kingsnorth, of the Insignia-class starship has granted us permission in the past and gave us direction to find the details of his ship, and that data has been shared over and over again. The entry had to be updated to depict fan fiction stories that the ship was featured in. This is the kind of cooperation we strive for in our project.

I am hoping to recruit each author/ artist to help me with this effort by giving them the opportunity to write up information about their craft and give it to me, along with permission to share it with others.
Tagged: