Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!
This is the fancy new sidebar. It offers quick access to your profile, messages, threads and so on.
Hit the X in the top right corner to dismiss this message.
Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

Aries 1B Passenger Section VR

japetusjapetus178 Posts: 744Member
edited November 2012 in Finished Work #1
I posted this in the WIP link but I'm done with it now so I thought I would post it here as well. This is another spherical VR rendering of my Aries 1B models' passenger section. I made one of the cockpit previously and decided it's a pretty good way to show off the completed model! Check it out:

passenger_thumb.jpg
Interior VR
98528.jpg
Post edited by japetus on
Tagged:

• IRMLIRML176 Posts: 0Member
    jolly nice, love the surfacing and lighting

how do you do these VRs? I can render panoramas but never explored how to make VRs out of them, it would be nice to do some of my interiors like this
  • japetusjapetus178 Posts: 744Member
    Thanks IRML, it's really pretty easy actually if you have the right tool. There are a number of programs out there I'm sure, but I use Pano2VR (http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr.php). It's very cheap and easy to use. I render a spherical image out of Max then I do my compositing on that, then load it into pano2vr and it spits out a VR in a variety of formats and settings. You can even add music, hot spots, and auto rotating, stuff like that.

Edit: you can also use it to convert to other formats like box mapping, cylindrical, etc