Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlendathu

overseerfxoverseerfx0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2012 in Finished Work #1
Since it popped up in discussion I thought I share this one, too. I did this back in July. It's obviously based on the movie Starship Troopers.

Shown is the invasion of Klendathu; roughly based on what was seen in the movie.

COMPOSITION: Rendered starfield and digital painting done in Photoshop. Ships rendered in Lightwave with postwork (including all FX) and composition done in Photoshop once again.

MESHES: Roger Young & Dropship by rustythe1.

I created two versions; one with and one without the Federal Network propaganda menu.

Starship Troopers (and related) Ac TriStar Pictures, Touchstone Pictures & Big Bug Pictures. All Rights Reserved. Content used under "fair use" guidelines.

klendathu_sfm.jpg**klendathu_sfm_menu.jpg
98457.jpg
98458.jpg
Post edited by overseerfx on

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Sweet. I love Starship Troopers. The book is better, but the movie is gory fun. :D That's a fantastic render. Is there a larger version on your DA page? If so, I may have to desktop that. :D
  • Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    Love this movie, didn't care for the sequels, story line wise... but the third one had Jolene Blalock from Enterprise.

Anyway, awesome pictures. :D
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    There were sequels? :p

(yes, I know there were, but I pay them no mind because they weren't directed by Paul Verhoeven ;))
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Ah I do recall this one on dA excellent work on a good movie. At least in my opinion
  • overseerfxoverseerfx0 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet. I love Starship Troopers. The book is better, but the movie is gory fun. :D That's a fantastic render. Is there a larger version on your DA page? If so, I may have to desktop that. :D

Naa, not on the DA page. I try and keep resolutions relatively low. Is there a way I can PM you a link? ;)
    Flanker wrote: »
    Ah I do recall this one on dA excellent work on a good movie. At least in my opinion

Thank you!
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    Love this movie, didn't care for the sequels, story line wise... but the third one had Jolene Blalock from Enterprise.

Anyway, awesome pictures. :D

I agree. Jolene Blalock or not. Those sequels were an abomination and not half as fun as the first. Despite Denise Richards' ultra-annoying attitude that angers me everytime. Condecending <insert colorful metaphor of your own choice here>.

Thank you!
    There were sequels? :p

(yes, I know there were, but I pay them no mind because they weren't directed by Paul Verhoeven ;))

Three hours of my life wasted that I can never regain thanks to those "sequels". Despite it being a different ballpark entirely, this is why I am apprehensive about the planned Star Wars Episode VII. Sometimes things just need to be left alone. JJ Abrams pretty much proved that three years ago. :P
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    That is awesome... ST is also my favorite film... could I get the desktop size version, as well?
    That is awesome... ST is also my favorite film... could I get the desktop size version, as well?

Sure thing.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    ^

Thanks!
    overseerfx wrote: »
    Naa, not on the DA page. I try and keep resolutions relatively low. Is there a way I can PM you a link? ;)

Sure, that sounds good. :)
    Three hours of my life wasted that I can never regain thanks to those "sequels". Despite it being a different ballpark entirely, this is why I am apprehensive about the planned Star Wars Episode VII. Sometimes things just need to be left alone. JJ Abrams pretty much proved that three years ago. :P

I saw the user ratings on IMDb and I think it tells the tale. Starship Troopers: 7.2/10. Starship Troopers 2: 3.5/10. Starship Troopers 3: 4.5/10. The latest one: 5.8/10. That says it all. ;)

I'm apprehensive about Episode VII for various reasons as well. But, we'll see. At least George Lucas is staying on as a creative consultant, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll listen to him. After all, it's Disney we're talking about.
  • the Animaniacthe Animaniac179 Posts: 138Member
    That looks like right out of the Movie, good Work!:thumb:
    Animaniac wrote: »
    That looks like right out of the Movie, good Work!:thumb:

Thank you! I always try to get as close as possible.
    Sure, that sounds good. :)

I saw the user ratings on IMDb and I think it tells the tale. Starship Troopers: 7.2/10. Starship Troopers 2: 3.5/10. Starship Troopers 3: 4.5/10. The latest one: 5.8/10. That says it all. ;)

I'm apprehensive about Episode VII for various reasons as well. But, we'll see. At least George Lucas is staying on as a creative consultant, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll listen to him. After all, it's Disney we're talking about.

See, I didn't even know there was a fourth Starship Troopers. I'm kinda torn now... do I look (curiosity is strong in this one), don't I look. Gah! ;) And yes, IMDB is pretty accurate. Something's hated on there, you can pretty much not bother usually.

Well, the only light at the end of the tunnel for Star Wars that I can see is the fact that all Lucasfilm employees are staying (based on the news) and that the entire company structure stays in place. I'm hoping Disney won't jump in too much!
    Yeah, I'm not the world's biggest Disney fan. That company has pissed me off too many times. However, they have been doing good things with Marvel and the fact that they're keeping Lucas's former employees in place (for now) is definitely good news. I'd read that also. I'm adopting a wait and see approach. ;)

I didn't know there was a fourth Starship Troopers either (mostly apathy, on my part ;)) until I was looking at IMDb. Apparently, they snuck in another one this year, most likely DTV.
  • saulteniansaultenian331 Posts: 0Member
    Wonderful image...keep them coming...
    Yeah, I'm not the world's biggest Disney fan. That company has pissed me off too many times. However, they have been doing good things with Marvel and the fact that they're keeping Lucas's former employees in place (for now) is definitely good news. I'd read that also. I'm adopting a wait and see approach. ;)

I didn't know there was a fourth Starship Troopers either (mostly apathy, on my part ;)) until I was looking at IMDb. Apparently, they snuck in another one this year, most likely DTV.

Well, Disney had some good stuff, but certainly not all of it. And as for Starship Troopers... I certainly won't put another one onto my priority list of "must see". Probably gonna be a straight to DVD/Blu-ray anyway.
    saultenian wrote: »
    Wonderful image...keep them coming...

Thank you! I see what I can do. :)
    Probably gonna be a straight to DVD/Blu-ray anyway.

That's what DTV is. Direct to video. ;)
    That's what DTV is. Direct to video. ;)

D'Oh... ah well, this is from a guy who had to look up "tldr" on a post he once wrote! :P DTV in my mind translated to "Dumb TV" which I guess also works. ;) Obviously "Direct to Video" is a known term, I just didn't click on the abbreviation (although most people look at you funny these days if you mention VHS ot Beta, like you've just shown them a cave painting), but hey...
    I had to Google TLDR. ;) Though, in all fairness, DTV can be a few things:

Direct TV
    Digital TV
    Direct to Video

(that's all I can think of, there may be more)
    I promise I won't forget again! ;)
  • chaca_f22chaca_f220 Posts: 0Member
    look the anime version of Starship Troopers; It's really good, made at the end of Eighties, I really just missed Klendathu like Verhoven shows, but was OK; Betther than 2 and 3