Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DOperation: Debug

overseerfxoverseerfx0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2012 in Finished Work #1
Since there seems to be a particular love for Nebula-class starships around here, I thought I post this one, too. I did this a short while back for someone's OC storyline about a special Starfleet task force during the Dominion war called "Gamma Fleet Operations".

A battle sceen featuring two of the fleet's ships, the Sovereign-class U.S.S. Honor and the Nebula-class U.S.S. Monitor. The title is related to the disposal of the bug shaped Jem'Hadar fighters...

COMPOSITION: Starfield rendered and then composited with my nebula matte painting in Photoshop. Scene setup and render in Lightwave with final composition (including all FX) in Photoshop.

MESHES: Nebula class by Luca Silingardi, Sovereign class by Ralph Schobert, Danube class Runabout by Thomas Slanitz, Peregrine class by Arctorus, Hideki class by D. Bates & JemA’Hadar fighter by William Burningham.

My artworks are not endorsed, sponsored, or affiliated with CBS Studios Inc. or the "Star Trek" franchise. The Star Trek trademarks, logos, and related names are owned by CBS Studios Inc., and are used under "fair use" guidelines.

operation-debug_sfm.jpg
98446.jpg
Post edited by overseerfx on
Tagged:

• DevilmanDevilman0 Posts: 0Member
    Total KICK-ASS!!! Could even be mistaken for a screen-cap from a film! :)
  • overseerfxoverseerfx0 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you! :)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,564Member
    This is beautiful! I love seeing the Nebbie kick butt alongside the Sovvy! And multiple phasers firing at once, to boot! Great image!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Am I the only one who saw the title and was hoping for a Starship Troopers image? ;)

Great picture. :D My only criticism is that the glows look washed out. The bussards are pink and the blue glow stuff in the nacelles is almost white, it should be blue. Everything else looks awesome.
    Am I the only one who saw the title and was hoping for a Starship Troopers image? ;)

Great picture. :D My only criticism is that the glows look washed out. The bussards are pink and the blue glow stuff in the nacelles is almost white, it should be blue. Everything else looks awesome.

Well, I call it my style. I don't like the oversaturrated blue/red look. If you look at images from "The Light Works" - who have admittedly been a huge inspiration to me - they always use a little brighter settings. It's just my personal taste I guess. Thank you though!

If you want a Starship Troopers based image, I've got one of those, too! (I actually made two versions, one with and one without the Federal Network stuff).
    This is beautiful! I love seeing the Nebbie kick butt alongside the Sovvy! And multiple phasers firing at once, to boot! Great image!

Thank you!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    overseerfx wrote: »
    Well, I call it my style. I don't like the oversaturrated blue/red look. If you look at images from "The Light Works" - who have admittedly been a huge inspiration to me - they always use a little brighter settings. It's just my personal taste I guess. Thank you though!

If you want a Starship Troopers based image, I've got one of those, too! (I actually made two versions, one with and one without the Federal Network stuff).

The Light Works, AKA Tobias Richter, has long been an inspiration to me as well (even before I knew he posted on this forum. ;)) I certainly understand style and, since that's yours, I won't mention it again. :) IMHO, it's important to put your own style on "in universe" work. It helps it stand out in the crowd.

I already saw and commented on the Starship Troopers pic. :D
    The Light Works, AKA Tobias Richter, has long been an inspiration to me as well (even before I knew he posted on this forum. ;)) I certainly understand style and, since that's yours, I won't mention it again. :) IMHO, it's important to put your own style on "in universe" work. It helps it stand out in the crowd.

I already saw and commented on the Starship Troopers pic. :D

Oh, please, no. Do mention stuff! If you feel something is off, style or not, please do say so. Sometimes I make choices based on style, sometimes it just means I've been brooding over one image a little too long and maybe have overlooked something. Doesn't happen all too often, but definitely does. Plus feedback is always good! :)
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    IA’m with Chris about the wached out bussards and warp grills but, since you explained it as your stylle, I can live with that. :D

For me, what looks a bit off is the explosion, but I canA’t explain exactly what I mean... ItA’s like the integration with the scene is not that right... Oh, And I think that a so bright explosion needs to make a better reflection over the NebulaA’s hull at least. ;)
    Well, yes, style is one thing, but that can't be an excuse for everything! I think I'll work it over next chance I get and see if I can make some changes! Changing a little bit of color doesn't mean a style is sacrificed! ;)