Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DA long way from Home...

DevilmanDevilman0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2012 in Finished Work #1
..but getting closer!

..Ya GOTS to pull out a voyager pic every now and then.. :devil:
98408.jpg
Post edited by Devilman on
Tagged:

• commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    wonderful scene. it must be around 1600 ly away from earth, isn't it?
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like the setup. However, the ship is too dark. I know, it's realistically lit, but the image could use some unrealism. A nice, strong light source like they always seem to have on ST ships, even in deep space.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    That nebula in the background reminds me of one of the shots from the intro to the original Battlestar Galactica, the bit with Patrick MacNee going on about the Mayans and the Toltecs etc.
  • DevilmanDevilman0 Posts: 0Member
    SPOT ON, commandersozo! (give or take 1,000 ly..) :devil:

As for the darkness of the scene; Yeah, ive decided my 'style' of image is going to incorporate "REAL-izing the UNREAL"..
    ie: Making an unrealistic scene (like one with a STARSHIP in it) look real (like it would if it WERE real).

Ive watched a bit of TNG and early VOY lately, and the 'fake, over-lighting' of the cgi scenes looks exceptionally GAMMIN'!!

Later eps of VOY, like "NIGHT" etc really look much better in my opinion, and its much more exciting to have to try to make out certain detail in a pic, rather than have it over-lightedly handed to you right away. :)
    (my opinion, tho..) :devil:
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I used to do dark, more "realistic" lighting but people complained that it was too dark, so I started adding all kinds of fill lights and other unrealistic BS to my images. ;)
  • DevilmanDevilman0 Posts: 0Member
    *coff* *coff* .... sell-out.. *coff* *coff*
    :D
    *LOL*
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    That looks great! Nice job!