Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSUTHERLAND on the Rocks!

DevilmanDevilman0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2012 in Finished Work #1
"...We'll just BLAST our way out then!" :devil:
98407.jpg
Post edited by Devilman on
Tagged:

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Nice shot. My wife likes the Sutherland...probably cuz that's her maiden name. :p
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    It's great to see another Nebula-Class image, but it's a shame that the ship itself is obscured by so much darkness... I would love to see a better-lit version.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I prefer liquor on the rocks. :devil:

Awesome pic, as usual. I love the way the light from the explosion is hitting the hull paneling on the ship. (gotta love specular mapping. :D) Though, someone has to ask: how did they get in there in the first place? :p
  • DevilmanDevilman0 Posts: 0Member
    SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!, EGgy! ;)

I spose if you think about it, the contrast from the phasor and explosion would make everything else in the image dark...
    ..if you had a cheap, gammin' digital camera like mine! :devil:
  • overseerfxoverseerfx0 Posts: 0Member
    Great image! The specularity works very well. The only thing I would suggest is maybe have a little more "dust" obscuring parts of the ship and thin out the asteroids by maybe 30-50%. The field is much to dense for my taste. But then it's only a suggestion! :)
  • DevilmanDevilman0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, I did kinda go overbaord on the asteroid field mesh...it is made up of 32,000 individual rocks of various sizes, at around 6million faces... which the fact that it even rendered on my computer has me absolutely STOKED! :devil:
  • overseerfxoverseerfx0 Posts: 0Member
    That's immense! Yeah, since I'm working on a laptop with limited resources, I kinda of have to decide what I want to show, or, if everything else fails, I have to do several passes and composite everything in post work.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    "Target that rock and fire!" :) Very nice!