Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Enterprise warp jump/drop trail...

Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
334791_438259472900991_903866597_o.jpg

I've been looking for a year or so now, to find precisely how the effect was done... I've messaged Doug Drexler, to see if he had any idea since I believe the NX-01 was modeled by him... and since he does VFX for a living... I've received no reply...

Update:
Well, Doug replied, and said that it was done by the compositing department, in a program like After Effects or Fusion...

So now, I need to figure out what effect could be used to achieve the effect... possibly the zoom motion blur?
Post edited by Chris2005 on
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
32 GB RAM
Windows 11 Pro
Tagged:

• NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Probably just a streak made in photoshop with an animated warp. You could do it in a more involved way using ... oh I forget the name but there's a streak-buffer-thingy in After Effects, you'd just need to render an animation of the a lights-only version of the ship coming in real fast.
  • Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Chris.

pardon me if I am out of date and unknowing, I only began 3d Oct 2010.... :D
    Do not know much bout AE or Post stuff.

The only way I know of is using polys. I will animate the poly's shape-length to form the trail.
    then try using materials and glows....or separate passes, then try some things in AE.

Looking at that, I think it is AE also as a post effect.Am afraid I do not know what AE effects or plug ins.

Have seen a few tuts that have similar looking characteristics.

Hope you figure it out, I would love to know also...

EDIT addendum.

I just did almost exactly that using AE with imported C4d .
    Using a light, as an emitter in AE and using Trapcode Paticular
    There are 2 tuts for doing this @ VideoCoPilot.

Regards,

Randal R.