Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Lucasfilm bought by Disney, Announces Episode 7 for 2015

2»

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Well, saw some new puns on this whole kaboodle...
    5736914_700b.jpg
    5737217_700b.jpg
    5730753_700b.jpg
    Apparently, the Father is not so happy either... His look doesn't really need words anyway:
    5732057_700b.jpg
    Then again:
    5733948_700b.jpg
    5732058_700b.jpg
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    I'm not that concerned about Disney making the Star Wars films. Think of Tron Legacy, it might not have been the greatest film of all time but it certainly wasn't cheesy and it wasn't dumbed down and it's a Disney production.

Although I mostly agree, I haveta nitpick the "wasn't dumbed down" bit. That movie really stunk of execs getting their ideas shoved in.
  • YaricYaric0 Posts: 0Member
    When I read that Disney announced a new movie in 2015 I was actually kinda excited. I think the fact Lucas will just be a consultant is a very good thing. Roddenberry was much better as an advisrr if you ask me as opposed to the producer/director.

I'm hoping they do Shadows of the Empire eventually. They already have the sound-track done :)
  • TugarTugar171 Posts: 0Member
    Meh....don't care. Haven't really cared since Lucas decided to be a sellout and make toys a part of the movie. Empire Strikes Back was the last decent one. I say it all the time, "Great special effects will never make up for mediocre writing/screenplay." Ewoks, Jar Jar, Avatar, and others.

I'm a sci-fi buff, Episode I put me to sleep. Need I say more.

23355407.jpg
    98423.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Chanur wrote: »
    Do we really wanna see dancing and singing clonetroopers or a duet between a jedi and a sith ?!?

Well, now I do!
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Tugar wrote: »
    Meh....don't care. Haven't really cared since Lucas decided to be a sellout and make toys a part of the movie. Empire Strikes Back was the last decent one. I say it all the time, "Great special effects will never make up for mediocre writing/screenplay." Ewoks, Jar Jar, Avatar, and others.

I'm a sci-fi buff, Episode I put me to sleep. Need I say more.

23355407.jpg

Considering everything you hate about the movies was Lucas' fault, I would have thought the prospect of more films without any involvment by him would only be good news.
    biotech wrote: »
    Considering everything you hate about the movies was Lucas' fault, I would have thought the prospect of more films without any involvment by him would only be good news.

I never said 'hate". That's your word. The films just weren't good by comparison to the previous efforts. Maybe Disney can fix it. I just don't want Star Wars to be a kids movie. Dumbing down a story is a bad idea.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Here's a link to my thoughts on the matter, don't want to clog this thread up with a uber long post.

http://www.moddb.com/members/talon-uk/blogs/the-future-of-star-wars
    Tugar wrote: »
    I just don't want Star Wars to be a kids movie.

The first five star wars were U cirtificate, and most of the money came from selling toys, they were the very definition of kids movies.
    Disagree. The first two were NOT kids movies. Especially not in 1977 when the first one came out. Kids may have gone to see it. That is different.

What I am talking about it the deliberate overloading of items meant specifically to go straight into production due to being in the movie. After figures after the fact and models are not the same as heaping crap into the movie.
    You were a kid when you first saw it though, right?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/micwright/100008144/star-wars-is-for-kids-not-nostalgia-addicts/

Just also struggling to come up with any other U cirtificate films that were made for adults.
    My buddy and I saw Apocalypse Now at 14, does that make it a kids movie?

"What's Up, Doc?" "Planet of the Apes" (and three of its four sequels), "Airport," "The Green Berets," "Star Trek: The Motion Picture," "2001: A Space Odyssey" all G rated. Which is the lowest rating comparable to U I guess. Kids movies?
    The old me would be well prepared to argue with you for days other this, the new me just cant be arsed.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Y'know, here in Germany, it's called the FSK (Freiwillige Selbst Kontrolle), which means translated Voluntary Self Control. They're explicity called guidelines, not rules. The sci-fi movies you named are all FSK12, eamsn you've to be at least 12 years old. I remember watching 2001 Space Odyssey with my mum when I was 8.
    Did it scar me? Not really, I fell alseep halfway through the movie anyway...

On the other hand, a few years back, we had my little cousins over, the oldest 13, the youngest 7 at that time. Ice Age 1 came in a TV channel, and when they arrived, they were just starting to move about. When Diego tried to snatch the baby while the others were sleeping, my youngest cousin began to scream and shout and wail like judgement day had arrived.... Since that, whenever the saber-teeth of Diego or his kin were shown, she cringed and turned away in fear.

So really. A "G" rated/FSK12 can be less scarring than some real "kid"-movie.
  • chronochrono0 Posts: 1Member
    Walt Disney meets Star Wars...

Thank god the PIXAR boys will have thier greasy little hands ALL over it! :) The down side is the with Pre-teen/Teen movies on the rise it may turn out like... Star Wars: Twilight LOL!
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    it will be funny when disney will buy japaneese anime/manga, and they start tweeking them disney sauce.