Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

"ElizaNewton" - Superhero Short Film, Looking for VisFX Artists

Hey everyone,

My name is Tommy Kraft, and I'm a filmmaker, musician, and photographer from the Michigan area of the United States. I believe this is my first post here, though I've been a long, long time lurker of the site. This is mainly because I'm a writer/director/musician, and visual effects and modeling has always just been a hobby of mine. However, I come to you all now seeking assistance.

In April of this year, I wrote and shot a, roughly, 25 minute short film called ElizaNewton. What I wanted to do with this story was on an area of the super hero genre that hadn't really been done too much before: the downsides to immortality. The premise is as follows. In the year 1815, Eliza Newton was caught in the devastation of the Mount Tambora supervolcano. Trapped on the island with a wall of ash, lava, and debris rushing toward her, Eliza discovered the Element, an extremely rare substance fashioned in the earth's core. It has been known to very few throughout human history, and in their hands the world was shaped. 200 years later, Eliza is a different person. Many lifetimes alone and losing the ones she's loved has made her bitter. However, a plot by a dangerous man to incite a supervolcano and gain abilities like Eliza's, draws her back into a world that she must once again defend.

That's the basic story. Throughout the film there are five major visual effects sequences, and these are where I need a hand. I'm in need of visual effects artists with skills mainly in volumetric and particle effects. The core of Eliza's abilities revolve around weather control, so the main effect that is seen in the film is control of a tornado-like cloud that spins and swirls around her and/or her enemies. The other major effect is the volcanic eruption at Mount Tambora. Ideally, there would be large plumes of smoke rising from a mountain, as well as lava and a pyroclastic flow rushing down the side of the mountain.

Once the film is finished, it will be released online, submitted to festivals, and receive IMDB credit for all of those involved.

Feel free to check out my website. It has all of my released films, music, and some of my photos. www.tommykraft.com

If anyone has any questions, would like to know more, etc. Please feel free to either respond to this thread or private message me.

Thank you!
- Tommy