Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNew Style SSD Starwars crap

metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2012 in Work in Progress #1
well been a while and stupid me took on a challenge for a friend of mine making a starwars style mod for x3 reunion

i was tasked with designing a new star destroyer for his rebel forces i'm still waiting for a polygon limit so untill then i've knocked out a quick hull design and dummy hanger area entrance ( in red )

thoughts welcome and any info on gun styles would be helpful the hanger entrance is big enough for 2 y-wings side by side just incase you need a scale thought
98245.jpg
Post edited by metalsnake on
Tagged:

• kevinskikevinski0 Posts: 0Member
    i think it would be cool (and quite good for x3) if you place the two main Gunpoints on the two frontparts of the Hull

I marked the imho best Gun positions(the ones in the middle are also located on the "underbelley")

personally i would place
    4 turrets on each long line(the ones in the middle) with two mounted guns(two guns per turret)
    4 turrets, same config but on the bottom side
    2 guns in the front, same configuration(at all, no underbelly turrets)
    2 in the back(one left, one right, same configuration)
    and 2 in the back on the bottom side, same configuration

the rest depends on what your friend wants.
    -Polycount
    -designated Shipclass, (m0,m1 or m2)(you definitely need to know this because this determines how much guns should be placed and how big the hangar should be.)
    98246.jpg
  • metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    thanks for the ideas i may have to use that layout for weaponry ... btw i have now received the class and polygon limit

size: M2 i'm going to use 12 dual gun barrel turrets on the sides 6 top 6 bottom .... 8 at the rear 4 top 4 bottom and 4 frontal 2 top 2 bottom

that will allow for some lighters defense gun around the hanger bay on both sides i figured that would make it more real imo

polygon count limit: 50,000 - 70,000 poly's ... i have been told that i can go over this number up to a maximum of around 175,000 poly's ... guess theres alot of details i'll need to work on :D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice.
    I must admit, since XA2, the X-Series has taken a turn for the worse. The ships lost their uniqueness (a pinnacle is XA3, I jsut hate it), the plot has become lame, the play is overdone, overstuffed.

I like your idea and I do congratulate you and your friend for the idea. :)