Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSeparate Ways

overseerfxoverseerfx0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2012 in Finished Work #1
Just another new day dawning in the life of Serenity's crew with lots of legal trading I'm sure. ;)

COMPOSITION: Main cloud background rendered in Vue8. Serenity & Shuttle setup and render in Lightwave with composition and final FX in Photoshop. All remaining elements are Photoshop as well.

MESHES: Firefly class & shuttle by Sean P. Kennedy.

separate-ways_HD_sfm.jpg

For the original format version, you're welcome to have a look here, too.
97972.jpg
Post edited by overseerfx on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Fantastic work. I like the original format version better, but they're both great. It's nice to see Firefly live on in fan art, it's a series that went before its time.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice. I have to admit that I am not a big fan of Serenity design, but that looks beautiful.
  • overseerfxoverseerfx0 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic work. I like the original format version better, but they're both great. It's nice to see Firefly live on in fan art, it's a series that went before its time.

Thank you. Yeah, I chose the original format to better show the scale, but I was asked by a few people if I wouldn't mind turning it into a wallpaper, so I had to redo a couple of parts and made it wide screen. Why not?

And yes, the show went before its time. I particularly liked the wit and sarcasm in the show. This is why I loved that Joss Whedon got involved with the "Avengers" movie, too. Especially Hulk's behavior in the movie is an obvious example of Whedon humor. Had a few good belly laughs!
    Very nice. I have to admit that I am not a big fan of Serenity design, but that looks beautiful.

Thank you. Yeah, it's an interesting design, but over the years it grew on me. I guess the Whedonverse is just a different 'sci-fi-realism' approach.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    overseerfx wrote: »
    Thank you. Yeah, I chose the original format to better show the scale, but I was asked by a few people if I wouldn't mind turning it into a wallpaper, so I had to redo a couple of parts and made it wide screen. Why not?

And yes, the show went before its time. I particularly liked the wit and sarcasm in the show. This is why I loved that Joss Whedon got involved with the "Avengers" movie, too. Especially Hulk's behavior in the movie is an obvious example of Whedon humor. Had a few good belly laughs!

I just wish I'd known about Firefly before a few years ago. I was in the US Army from 2001 to 2005 an I was on a combat deployment to Afghanistan during the show's entire short run. Fortunately, though, some guys over a 3D Gladiators suggested it and I love it.

Yeah, The Avengers is a fun romp. I just got that last week and watched it and I really liked it. Definitely full of Whedon humor, which makes it even better. Plus, he did a great job of getting all of those characters (and actors) to work well together on screen,
    Well, true, but sadly, and evidently, you didn't miss much since FOX pulled their usual stupid and cancelled a good show. I haven't been watching regular TV anymore since the late 1990s myself (what I enjoy, I get on DVD and eventually on Blu-ray), so a few things got by me, too, intially.

I learned about Firefly when the movie "Serenity" came out in 2005-ish. So, pretty much same here! And well, glad to hear you got back in one piece!

You know you have a good show when rewatching it for the n-th time still doesn't make it boring; plus, there are some nice novels out these days. They're not officially endorsed by Joss Whedon, but still nicely written. A good read... and the best part is, if you have something like a Kindle, they're free!

And yes, he did a great job with the Avengers characters. Absolutely hillarious to watch (and entertaining, of course).
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Love this render, I have this mesh but I haven't made a render yet, this makes me want to make one. I've been working on my Nova class project so much that I haven't done any renders lately and this inspires me to do one.
    Thank you very much. It's good fun having a play with it, although, you may have to make some texture modifications/adjustments and some of the effects you see in the image here are post work. It's still the best public Firefly mesh out there!
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    enjoyed that film ( serenity), i'm not a fan of this design of ship but the image is good.
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    That's gorgeous. Good to see the old girl again. Over too soon.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    enjoyed that film ( serenity), i'm not a fan of this design of ship but the image is good.

Thank you. It's an unusual design, but I think it works OK. It has that "freighter aura".
    Tallguy wrote: »
    That's gorgeous. Good to see the old girl again. Over too soon.

Yes it was! Thank you.