Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

A question of Maneuverability!

kvorshkkvorshk171 Posts: 76Member
edited September 2012 in General Discussion #1
I have been looking over tons of hi res images of cannon Star trek ships that are not Federation or Starfleet and for the life of me I can't find RCS thrusters on any non human ship. Am I blind? Could someone point some out to me?
Post edited by kvorshk on

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Well, you aren't blind. You just don't know what alien thrusters look like. No one knows, and the factfiles never pointed out any thrusters on any alien ship. For all we know, we could be looking at them the whole time thinking they're some sensory equipment, or a beam emitter or a weapon. They could also be simply just small, head-sized exhaust holes, which we cannot really see anyway on a schematic of a 500+ meter big ship...

And besides that, did you notice that the Federation/Starfleet is the only race that colours their thrusters different than their hull? It's like a "shoot here!" sign anyway. Unlikely that Klingons, Romulans, or Cardassians would risk such a danger. And for the Borg... Well, given the massive shis, hey might have impulse enignes on all sides and simply use them on a very low setting as thruster-replacements. This would also explain how they can alter their course so quickly as we've seen them do so often...

Same applies, after all, to deflectors. We don't see them on all ships either... Sometimes they are actually torpedo-tubes (exchanging a vital component in a batle with anoher vital component? Unlikely...)