Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DTalon's starship designs of miscellany

• TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    This is pretty much there as far as the modelling is concerned. Additions in this update, main fuselage belly panel details for landing gear, and finally detailing up the wings and wing mounted repeating laser cannons. Pretty happy with it now, so will next look at setting up a nice angle to render from and then do a paint over of that with different potential paint jobs. Might also consider playing around with the variable vector wing idea, down swept for flight config and raised above the main fuselage like a naval carrier based plane to minimise space usage in a hangar.

Was a fun little project, very happy with the results and speed of production.

V-Wing_WIP_34.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_36.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_37.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_38.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_39.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_40.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Dude, that's sweet. You did quick work on this one, no matter what you say. :)
    Thanks man, here's the last of it for tonight, some renders with the wings swept down for flight mode, a little Klingon Bird of Prey like, but I think it works.

V-Wing_WIP_41.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_42.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_44.jpg
    Fantastic. It looks like it's ready to attack. :)
    Cheers bud, and here's a wire for those who like that sorta thing.

V-Wing_WIRE.jpg

Next up creating some nice scene for it to populate, and the paint over. Looking forward to adding the Pew! Pew!

:p
    Here's a first crack at a paint over to get some ideas for colour schemes. This one is inspired by the paint job seen for the A-Wing concept by Ralph McQuarrie. Wanted something to homage the A-Wing to some extent seeing how this craft might be working closely with them and might even be considered a sister ship, but without just going for the obvious red markings that the standard A-Wing, and a lot of Rebel starfighters have.

V-Wing_Paintover.jpg

V-Wing_Paintover_A.jpg

V-Wing_Paintover_B.jpg

Let me know what you think guys, cheers.
    Great stuff. The first one is my favorite. :)
    Thanks for the feedback mate.

:thumb:
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Third one for me. All are darned purty, tho!
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Second one. :p
    Great work.
    One each? Really? You guys are no help at all, and more divided than the UK political landscape.

It's just a testament to the fact that you do awesome work and they all look great. :D

(I know, still not helping)
  • HelotHelot391 Posts: 164Member
    The first one. The colors pop more and, if real, may indicate unit or divison colors. Another pilot would be able to distinguish easier. But I agree they are all pretty damn nice. But still the first one :thumb:
    Heh, cheers. First one it is then.

;)
    Before texturing commences I decided to add a few extra details, first up landing gear (how am I working on bleedin' landing gear yet again already?) and a landing wing configuration. And as an added bonus a little scale dude pilot to give you a better idea of the size of this thing. As mentioned earlier we're looking at a similar sized craft to the A-Wing, though the wings do give this ship a considerably larger silhouette. Next up a cockpit interior, and then finally texturing.

V-Wing_WIP_45.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_46.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_47.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_48.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_49.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_50.jpg
    Very nice work on the landing gear. :thumb:
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    (how am I working on bleedin' landing gear yet again already?)

That's what happens when you build vessels capable of landing. :p
    That'll be it. Will have to switch to modelling speeders and other repulsorlift based vehicles only.

Or really huge ships that nobody expects to land. ;)

(of course, then you have to design landing craft for them and you're back in the same boat)
    Heh, that's Ansel's territory, not getting in that arena.

:lol:
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    If the wings raised up higher, that would save room when they're parked. If this is a carrier based fighter, that would be a critical consideration.
    And now with added gear bay doors, enjoy.

V-Wing_WIP_52.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_53.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_54.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_55.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_56.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_51.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_57.jpg

V-Wing_WIP_58.jpg
    bosun wrote: »
    If the wings raised up higher, that would save room when they're parked. If this is a carrier based fighter, that would be a critical consideration.

I've taken it into consideration to a certain degree. Though the wings are wider than an X-Wing's, with the actual fuselage being considerably smaller in conjunction with the angle the wings are set to for landing, it doesn't take up any more deck space than an X-Wing would, less if you factor in the much shorter length. I'm pretty happy with the amount of space it takes up, and the aesthetic of my V-Wing in it's current landed config. Maybe the wings could be set fully to vertical for deep storage, but this is the look I'm going for for the landed version of the ship.
    Great stuff, as usual. :)
    Wow, has been a while since I've been on here, how is everyone doing? Have just been busy I guess, a lot going on right now. Anyhow, I've finally found a bit of free time to dedicate to revisiting this old space bird and get it done. Mainly looking at interior detailing here before final check over of the mesh and then commencing on texturing.

As always feel free to let me know what you think.

V-Wing_WIP_46.jpgV-Wing_WIP_49.jpgV-Wing_WIP_50.jpg
    V-Wing_WIP_51.jpgV-Wing_WIP_53.jpgV-Wing_WIP_54.jpg
    111339.jpg111340.jpg111341.jpg111342.jpg111343.jpg111344.jpg
    Looking great. I really like the details on the cockpit console.

When I saw you posted, I was like, "Hm, haven't seen him on here in a while." It's good to see you back and posting awesome stuff. :)
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    I've just had to go through a few pages to remind myself what this was. Not the update I'd expected on opening the page. Can't believe that this was so long ago.

Anywho, cockpits looking great.
    Tell me about it, can't believe it has been that long myself. Have been busy with the new job, but got some time to dedicate to working on this again at long last.
    Now with added throttle controls. pretty much done with the cockpit now. Also added a retractable targeting computer rangefinder stashed behind the seat now, over the right shoulder, though you can just barely see it, Also a few additional cable details added to the back wall of the cockpit, but you can hardly see them either, so they might get the chop. Have also included a reverse view looking down into the cockpit, not all that far from the pilot's POV. Gonna call it done finally, could carry on tinkering with that cockpit until the cows come home. Have just risen the side consoles a little to give more room between them and the seat. to allow more space for the pilot's legs to get in there, and put the glass back in there to see how the overall package looks.

V-Wing_WIP_55.jpgV-Wing_WIP_56.jpgV-Wing_WIP_57.jpgV-Wing_WIP_58.jpg
    111350.jpg111351.jpg111352.jpg111353.jpg
    Great work on the cockpit. :)
    Thanks, damned beast is unwrapped now, so textured version should be starting to appear soon.