Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DResurrecting the Jupiter 2

TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
edited September 2012 in Work in Progress #1
I realized lately that I have started many different models, do quite a bit of work on them and then never finish. Well, that changed lately and the first model I completed was the Y-Wing fighter from Star Wars. The next model is the Jupiter 2. I think it was about 2 years ago I started on it as a Season 1 variant, then part way through it became a Season 2 ship in order to help a friend out. I am resurrecting this model and will take it through to completion this time.

Below are some images to show where it sits right now. The exterior and flight are pretty much done and am now working on the lower level. I've got the main areas blocked out and have gone back and beveled the edges and gathering more reference photos of the lower level. Lots of detail to do yet, so there will be lots to come.

Al
Post edited by Tralfaz on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That looks great so far. :) The robot is my favorite part.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Magnific! :thumb:
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Love it!. I can hear the Robot talking to Dr. Smith.
  • hamiltonplhamiltonpl0 Posts: 0Member
    These pics look awesome. Show us more please!
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    I know it may not look like much, but I have spent the last little while bevelling edges on most of the parts and adding some missing pieces, like the airlock controls and a light panel over the airlock. I've also played around with some of the materials and lighting. Which brings me to my next question.

Do the images look okay on your monitors or do they seem dark? They look fine on my monitors at home, but very dark on my monitors at work. None of the monitors have been properly calibrated. I did the ones at home using the different shades of grey so that I had 16 distinct shades of black to white. I may have to look into getting a Spyder 3 or something along those lines.

Thanks...
    Al