Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DA3D Archer Glider J2 special

athelasathelas0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2012 in Work in Progress #1
hi guys

this is a project I am going to fight with to make it a real working thing. as you can see I don't only make sci-fi work.

and for those that wonder yes I have designed this all by myself. I did study aircraft design and construction so this is a project I have knowledge in not all but alot in aerodynamics and so on.

so far is most information secret to only me due patens on special ideas I am going to put in her. but some info can I give you.

it will be a self launching glider with the help of a mini jet engien capable to cary 2 persons or one person with cargo.

still hope you will like her.

a3d_archer_glider_j2_special_by_ufpelessar-d5bo0c5.png

until next time have fun
97166.png
Post edited by athelas on
Tagged:

• publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    This is really great. The big push these days seems to be dual use aircraft that can fly either manned or unmanned. Heck, Scaled or General Atomics might want to see this.
  • ZeropointZeropoint0 Posts: 0Member
    You should check out the flight simulator X-Plane; you can build your own planes and enter their physical characteristics, and the program will perform real-time aerodynamic analysis to determine how they fly. Scaled Composites used X-Plane to test out some of their designs.
  • athelasathelas0 Posts: 0Member
    publiusr wrote: »
    This is really great. The big push these days seems to be dual use aircraft that can fly either manned or unmanned. Heck, Scaled or General Atomics might want to see this.

happy you like it. and you are right about the dual system and this would probobly able to have that sort of system onboard if the wight was not to high of it. and and my idea is to try and either build it my self or sell the idea to a company that can build it. so who know what lies in the future. still it would be great to see her in the air.
    Zeropoint wrote: »
    You should check out the flight simulator X-Plane; you can build your own planes and enter their physical characteristics, and the program will perform real-time aerodynamic analysis to determine how they fly. Scaled Composites used X-Plane to test out some of their designs.

I am surtenly going to do that. if it can help me set the design of this self launching glider its surtenly worth a try.

So far have I not have had so much time to work. but I made some progress on the landing gear system and think I found a solution to it. will try and post an picture update this weekend on it.
    Hi all
    Here is a small update on my sailplane. Since last time I have redone the whole aircraft and improved its design.

Hope you like it

a3d_archer_glider_j2_special_2_by_ufpelessar-d5hwl1x.png
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Out Rutans Rutan
    publiusr wrote: »
    Out Rutans Rutan

???
    Hi guys here is a small update on this but with major changes to be honest its a new plane :P hope you like it

001_by_ufpelessar-d5kkjms.png

002_by_ufpelessar-d5kkm0d.png