Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DHalo Frigate UNSC Nevada (Sketchup)

calamity_sicalamity_si361 Posts: 369Member
edited August 2012 in Work in Progress #1
This is a test render of my second Halo-based ship, the UNSC Nevada. It's meant to be the first of a next-generation of new post-Covenant war frigates from the Halo universe. I used parts from Grave Heart's ARC-920 Railgun to make the bow of the ship, so thanks go to him. After a major set-back with accidentally losing a portion of the ship, I'm back on track. I've just updated the engines and I'm almost finished with the livery.

Attachment not found. Attachment not found.

My Sketchup model can be found here:http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=e10b999d3f74e257ce3b4b484920b183
Post edited by calamity_si on
Tagged:

• species001species0010 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice work man :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like it so far. Halo designs are cool. :D
  • calamity_sicalamity_si361 Posts: 369Member
    Another render of the Louis and Clark and the Nevada.
    Attachment not found.
    And another...
    Attachment not found.
    A collection of frigates starting with: The UNSC 'In Amber Clad' The UNSC 'Forward Unto Dawn' The UNSC 'Savannah'* and finally The UNSC 'Nevada' This picture is meant to
    demonstrate the lineage of the design as it's progressed through the Halo games alongside my rendition of what the next step would look like. All models shown here are made by Grave Heart, apart from the Nevada.
    Attachment not found.
    Another shot of the Nevada with two Pelicans making a great escape!

Attachment not found.
    Ok last one for today. I've just used a Bungie promo pic for the upcoming Halo 4 game as the background and inserted a crystal blue holographic projection of the UNSC Nevada on the ops table. I think this is meant to be the bridge of the new super-ship 'Infinity' after it's made a crash-landing. Perhaps they've just detected them on their scanners as a search and rescue ship? Background by StalkerUKCG Nevada Holo-projection by CalamitySI
    Attachment not found.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1664 CaliforniaPosts: 1,940Member
    Super nice work. Extremely cool!
    That's very nice of you to say. Cheers for the comment!
    I've been experimenting with some different textures and trying to get a nice metallic shine in Kerkythea. Has anyone got any advice for this?

UNSCNevadaTEK.jpg
    Attachment not found.
    97156.jpg
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    That's turned out very well. Great work. :thumb:
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    A collection of frigates starting with: The UNSC 'In Amber Clad' The UNSC 'Forward Unto Dawn' The UNSC 'Savannah'* and finally The UNSC 'Nevada' This picture is meant to
    demonstrate the lineage of the design as it's progressed through the Halo games alongside my rendition of what the next step would look like. All models shown here are made by Grave Heart, apart from the Nevada.
    Attachment not found.

The second model down reminds me of mine last year
    These are great models by both of you, didn't realise we had other halo fans using sketchup.
    Oh yes, better believe it! Thanks, this us my pride and joy and the moment. I would like to see this model contained in a few more of the Sketchup Halo model collections out there, but as it's not cannon, I don't think that'll happen. I'm working on another action shot at the mo. I was thinking that there weren't many halo fans here as this thread was a bit quiet, but it's nice to know there's a few out there!
  • alonzo11208alonzo11208331 Posts: 0Member
    oooooo! Calamity this looks great! I like the ships in Halo, then I don't like em lol. However they are so "Terran" in design I probably like em so much lol.

Nice to see a fellow Sketchup user (you too Liam!) doing great stuff!
    Cheers, perhaps we should do a thread based on finished halo Sketchup pictures?