Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DP-57 Mustang GS B4-2

FastLeaDFastLeaD0 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Hi Sci-Fi Meshes Community,

I'm a young student from germany and working on some private projects based in the Sci-Fi Universe. To sum some facs up first, my english is not perfect. The tools I use to create my meshes are CS5.5, Blender and C4D.

But let's head to the project.

I'm creating a heavy space interceptor called P-57 Mustang. The project is still in progress but you can't expect updates every day. For the sake of sparetime :) I already added some details because the main frame of the spacecraft is almost finished. The bottomn of the Spacecraft is in the works. But I have to finish the back side first. I will show this to you in a future update.

This first Post is just a teaser to introduce you to the project and show you the general styling of the spacecraft. I hope you enjoy and you got some feedback for me.

Thank you for your time.

Greetings,
FastLeaD
96871.jpg
Post edited by FastLeaD on
Tagged:

• SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Very interesting! I'd love to see some additional angles.

I like the fact that, for all appearances, you didn't "over-gun" the thing. Still, looks angry and tough.
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    I think the design, for my tastes, borrows a little too heavily from the ARC-170 but I certainly can't fault the modelling itself :)
  • ryo80ryo800 Posts: 0Member
    Welcome!!

I love the mechanics of turbines, forced induction, etc., so I'm all about this. Very slick, and nice modeling! Can't wait to see what you have planned
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Welcome to the site. :D

I like what I can see of the fighter so far. As a teaser, it definitely does its job. I want to see more. :)
    FastLeaD wrote: »
    To sum some facs up first, my english is not perfect.

Your English is better than that of some people living in the US. :shiner:
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Good start
  • FastLeaDFastLeaD0 Posts: 0Member
    I shot some angles of the spacecraft. Its not much, but I they'r getting more into detail than the first picture.

Like I mentioned before I'm working on the lower placed segments of the Mustang, but its a slow progress. Maybe I have to render the outlines of the front missile batterys first to get a better feeling for the proportions. Im not new to the process of designing spacecrafts, but this is the first project with a higher point of detail.

I'm on it. Stay tuned!
    96933.jpg96934.jpg96935.jpg
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    I agree, there is definitely a little too much ARC-170 (actually thought it was meant to be some customised modification on that ship at first glance) going on in this design, the engines and wing assembly are practically identical, but I do love the level of detail you're shooting for here, especially around the engines. Really nice model work. Hopefully the differences in the design as you continue will distract us from these similarities and this ships own identity will come shining through. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.
  • FastLeaDFastLeaD0 Posts: 0Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    I agree, there is definitely a little too much ARC-170 (actually thought it was meant to be some customised modification on that ship at first glance) going on in this design, the engines and wing assembly are practically identical, but I do love the level of detail you're shooting for here, especially around the engines. Really nice model work. Hopefully the differences in the design as you continue will distract us from these similarities and this ships own identity will come shining through. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Well, I do not want to copy the ARC-170. Honestly I dont like the way the ARC-170 looks like. But I love wingmount-systems like on the X-Wing or 170. The engines are much smaller in comparison to my Mustang. I tried to get that Podracer feel to the engines. Big engines are great, :)

But I unterstand that Starwars-Cracks will have some problems with my choose of enginetype and wingmount. But I don't want to justify my choice of design. This project is for personal use anyways. ;)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's some great modeling. :thumb:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the ARC-170 either. To me, it looks too much like they were trying to do a de-evolved T-65 X-wing (and they failed.) I'd have liked it better if they'd gone with the Z-95 Headhunter instead.