Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStardestroyer sketch

sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Inspired by Stormcloud's Star Wars ships, I felt like playing around with a star destroyer concept. This is what I came up with, tell me what you think.

SSDSKETCH1.png
SSDSKETCH2.png
SSDSKETCH3.png
SSDSKETCH4.png
96854.png
Post edited by sojourner on
Tagged:

• meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    The ship looks like an arrow tip.Integrate the tip in the rest of the hull some your forward firing arcs are clear.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    I like it, an interesting design, and something unique that we haven't seen before, while still looking distinctly Star Destroyer-ish. I particularly like the raised arrowhead section at the front. Ask Fractal to whip up a fully detailed one based on your design. Would love to see that.
  • AlnairAlnair181 Posts: 255Member
    That is an interesting design! I would like to see the concept a bit more fleshed out.
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Ask Fractal to whip up a fully detailed one based on your design. Would love to see that.
    I would love someone like Fractal to fleshout the design. His work is phenomenal.
    some minor greebling and hood scoops, hehe.
    SSDSKETCH5.png
    Hi-res attachment in first post.
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    ah ha see you have joined in on the star destroyer modeling ;) your design is a nice fresh take on them - do not think I've seen a double wedge design before and looks like your off to a promising start but would be nice to see it without the toon shader though - kinda hides detail though i appreciate that your at an early stage for detail

cant wait to see more!!

oh can you give a sense of scale for this ship?
    Hmmm, I'd say 1.5 to 2 imperial SD's in length.

Here's some images without the toon shading and thick outlines turned on. Lots of ugly construction lines to see. If I were really planning to make this a detailed model I would basically restart. I cut a lot of corners here that will cause problems later on.
    96857.png96858.png96859.png96860.png
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, a really interesting take on a classic design, was about to ask for an underside view as I was curious to see what was going on down there. Also like the aft facing hanger section on the trailing face of the bow arrowhead, nice well thought out design features.
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    Cool design there, I think you've got a knack for star destroyers, so you should probably make more. Regarding the underside, what was your thought about that spine? Part of a weapon system or just good feng shui?
    ^visual interest.
    Based on today's news, I felt the need to modify this work.
    98335.png
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    sojourner wrote: »
    Based on today's news, I felt the need to modify this work.

I guess you heard about the Star Wars Episode VII news?
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    More importantly, the "Disney buys Lucas" news.
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    I kike it.
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    @Sojourner... nice lol

@psCargile... Oy... I'm sure you meant "like"