Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKlingon D7 Project

• BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    saultenian wrote: »
    V'ger does not stand a chance....

Love it.
    The hull plating is such a maze. This isn't nearly all of it on the bottom. Some panels will be raised and others done with surface texturing.
    98214.png
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    saultenian wrote: »
    V'ger does not stand a chance....
    I do not think that means what you think it means.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Maybe, you already have these refs, but, just in case you donA’t have them:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20080604062803/http://www.cloudster.com/sets&vehicles/Klingon/STMPklingon.htm
    Adding detail to the Weapons.
    99398.png
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    There we go. Great disrupter emplacement. Any modification to the bolognium shield to have the little emitter on that turret there too, for graph-unit enhancement like the TNG ENT's main phasers were to have?
    You might have to re-state the question. As far as I can tell there are 6 (possibly 8) of these disruptor units on the ship. I have made them all identical. "Bolognium" is Larry Niven's term for made up stuff in sci fi. Which part is the bolognium shield?"

Also I meant to thank you starship. I do happen to have those references.
    I've now cut the forward photon torpedo tube, windows, and have started forward hull plating. Wish I'd gotten more done but here's an update.
    99396.png99397.png
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    looking better and better...need to showcase from below looking up as you get into those bubble details....1st pick angle but from below....please
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Seconded for the worms eye!
    Looking so very Klingon. I mean that in a wicked sense.
    I appreciate it guys. :)

I've been working on the hull plating and detail on the teardrop front. Clearly more difficult than the hull. Had to do it 3 - 4 x.
    99393.png
    I replaced the image above with one that has more plating detail on the front.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Straight up sexiness...if that is possible.
    As Requested, a view of the bottom
    99394.png
    Here is one of those requested detail closeups. My first post when I started this thread was of the front. That image has subsequently been replaced. So here we are back to the front again. :D
    99395.png
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Looks awesome! Nice work on the paneling
    Thanks - Love your website BTW. Nice stuff there. Very nice.
    Still working on the Q'onos (or however it is spelled)? I'm fine with more than one Klingon Cruiser WIP. Looking forward to it.

I grew up in Seattle area. A little suburb called Lake Forrest Park.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Here is one of those requested detail closeups. My first post when I started this thread was of the front. That image has subsequently been replaced. So here we are back to the front again. :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=100292&d=1352091401

When this model is finished, we need THIS image, in HD, and we need it for the centerfold of an upcoming Ships of the Line calendar. This, I decree. So say we all.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic work, I love this ship, and I love your interpretation of it, spot on.

:thumb:
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Fantastic work, I love this ship, and I love your interpretation of it, spot on.

:thumb:

Ditto!

Al
    Thanks everyone. Wouldn't that be nice - to be in a calendar... sigh. I feel an urge to UV map.

TALON_UK - Yeah I indulged in all my favorite pieces from the two ships.
    I have actually been working on the Impulse Engine detail and the back of the bird. It's not ready yet. My impatient side came on and I began playing with image maps and procedural textures and lighting. Nothing UV mapped yet but I had a surface texture (It may be EBOLII's - hope that's ok mate?) that I thought might give me a feel for what I'm eventually going to do.
    99391.png
  • mattcmattc181 Perth, AuPosts: 322Member
    Looks fantastic so far. Looking forward to seeing it complete.
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    The ship looks very good. I love this design.
    Make it so ...
  • bernard guignardbernard guignard334 Posts: 48Member
    Very impressive work keep it up :)
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    The way it looks right now it makes me regret that we never got that Phase 2 TV show (though OTOH that show's demise paved the way for the movies).
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, not a fan of the glowy nacelles, kinda prefer the old school original version, but still looks fantastic, and you wouldn't know that hull texture was not designed specifically for this model as it suits it down to the ground. Great work.
    A closeup of the work so far on the Impulse End of the thing. I'm going to fix the segmentation.

Thanks for all the feedback.
    99392.png
    Hey IRML or another advanced Lightwave 11 user, I would love some input on now to make the impulse engine glow more intense in the center, cooling off toward the edges. Better yet, input on how to make the hexagons visible at a distance / appearing as an engine component behind the outer color cover. For some reason, no matter what adjustments I make, it comes out the same way.
    Sometimes you just catch the lighting right and the Hull plating stands out.

Edit: subtle addition on either side of the shuttle bay structure.

Edit: removed image to make room