Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DS to the T to the ARGATE Ships by Ska-Ara [Stargate SG1/SGA ]

SystemlordSokarSystemlordSokar0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Hello friends of Modelling and Scifi Nerding,
today i want to one of my Fav Ships, which i seen on the 8. Season of SG1.
That ship what i mean has no correct name so i called ist Replicator Mothership.
This is the Ship which made Five/Replicator as a Mobil Headquarter which was Built in the Timechanging Gadget (dont know the English NameXD)

This Mesh isnt finishes yet, i have to add more dateils in some Area, but i think i looks good so far.
But i have one question, i need a Mentor in 3ds max for Rendering in Mental Ray or Something like that, cuz i render this witz Skylight and Shadows, and it need over 2 Hours to look like this.
I saw many Vids, in which was made good renders in some seconds/minutes.
Anyone want to help me with that?^^

Heres the First Pic in the Attachments.
Replicatormothership.jpg

German Translation ( or in this Case, the Original Text for worse english speaking People ;) )

Hallo Freunde des Modelling und Scifi suchtens,
heute mochte ich euch eins meiner Lieblingsschiffe zeigen, welches aus der 8. Staffel SG1 stammt.
Das schiff welches ich meine hat leider keinen richtigen Namen bekommen, so werde ich es einfach Replikatoren Mutterschiff nennen.
Das Schiff wurde von einem Replikatoren Kollektiv gebaut welche durch Funfter und dann Replikatoren Carter angefuhrt wurden. Es wird wohl als Mobiles Hauptquartier genutzt welches in der Zeitverzerrungsmaschine gebaut wurde.

Hier im Anhang findet ihr das erste Bild davon.
Replicatormothership.jpg

MESH STATUS:

MESH: 90%
TEXTURES: 0%
GOOD RENDER: - 40%

95517.jpg
Post edited by SystemlordSokar on
Tagged:

• andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    Time Dilation Device is most likely the phrase Carter used. I don't have the DVDs or I'd check. :)

Looks good except the Pepto pink saucer. What software are you using?
  • SystemlordSokarSystemlordSokar0 Posts: 0Member
    Ah ok good to know :D
    I only know the german SG Seasons cuz that i diont know the name in english ;)

The Coulor is only used for me , in the finishes it will look more replikator like :D
    and im Using 3ds max 2012
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    I've often wanted to see warp nacelles that have multiple antena of different lengths in the back that look like this--as in the cover art of Diane Carey's Dreadnought.
    so here my first render pic with medium textures,
    i think it looks ok but not perfekt, do anyone have an idea which texture would be look better?

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/j0p2ugh9/test.jpg

2. question, how you can see here
    http://images.wikia.com/stargate/images/e/ef/Replicator_mothership.jpg
    in the inside of the ship is that pink/blue glow.
    i tried to make itself, but i dont work with siple lights (omni /direct) so anyone has an idea how to make this kind of light?
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    That first render looks vast--huge. The actual effects shot looks smaller.
    so heres my pic from my actuel model

Anubis Mothership
    based on some sg1 screens.
    anubis1.png

need help in texture works ,anyone can help?
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    so heres my pic from my actuel model

Anubis Mothership
    based on some sg1 screens.
    anubis1.png

need help in texture works ,anyone can help?

These seem very good so far.
    I'm not sure how much help you'll get here. People are often very busy with there own work to teach others. I've just gotten 3DS Max and I'm looking to learn a few things too.
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    Model looks great so far! What specifically do you need help for with the texturing? I use 3DS Max, so I could help.

That goes for either of you if you need any help. :)
    I use 3ds max myself. Especially 3dsmax 2013.
    my problem is that im no special texture artist, who can create own textures. Texturing , Map Macking, itself is no problem , only the making of special textures is my big problem.

i only need some textures fe. the hull, the energytower and some other areas
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    Gotcha.

I use http://www.cgtextures.com/ for textures. For the hull I would probably start with a very dark grey, and then find a fairly generic metal texture to overlay to give it a bit of variation. Maybe even have a few different materials for a few different shades of grey so it doesn't look too flat.
    Then it appears to have a strong bump map of lots of hand drawn boxes and lines to give it that spaceship look. Perhaps start with a black background, and draw on some randomly sized rectangles in different shades of grey to give different looking heights, then overly some smaller boxes with lower opacity to add more detail?
    Then it has high specularity to give it the highlights and bring out the bump map.

The area with the lights looks similar, except with some yellowy white windows drawn on. It just looks like rectangles with circled off ends to me, then add a self illumination map that just has the windows on it so they're lit up.

They're just some rough thoughts from a quick look at "Full Circle" and "Lost City".