Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Electrified Spacship effect (Adv. Tie Fighter) Discovery (C4d-3d)

Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
A Eureka moment happened just an hour ago.

I been making this Star Wars wip Bandit. While trying to come up with a lightning or plasma ball weapon
I discovered I can do something I cannot in R10. I can create the effect with a simple adding the animated lightning
to the lumince channel using a transparent render. and it will overlay the original materials and all the selections.

I am juiced.

See attachment to see snapshot.

More info:

While thinking of stuff as per usual, (Star Wars short wip) I often have thought how I could do that "Electrified Ship" effect
seen in several shows and films. Well, I did it. quite by accident.

Now, this would never fly I believe in my R10, but am using the R13 Demo atm.

While making up some kind of way our Hero can fire from behind, and I thought an Electric ball or plasma lightning.
So, I was trying to create one using just a sphere and a animated texture with alpha channel also for transparency.
Also was thinking of an inverse light with noise for plasma when I thought, well, lets see, if I drop this material onto the ship,
and mix textures(R10) I might get some effect. And it worked!!! Oh. now I am juiced to make more video.
95410.jpg
Post edited by Randal R on
Tagged:

• DouvieDouvie0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent. Looks great now for the short?
  • perilousperilous171 Posts: 0Member
    i t depends how you want the effect to look, its easy to make a material with the lightning texture on,activate the alpha to knock out the background, and then add this to selected object <assuming you have already textured it fully> this looks ok from certain angles but if you want the plasma moving off the surface it cant be done obviously.
    Im sure someone has made a plasma plugin that uses splines,which you could combine multiple splines then drop into a sweep nurb and youre sorted :-) i know nitroman has done an electric fx but i havent used it personally