Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Space Command launches!

SteveNeillSteveNeill0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2012 in General Discussion #1
Guys I can't tell you enough good things about this project. Here is the press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Hollywood CA. May 3rd, 2012
ATTENTION SCI-FI FANS: Sci-Fi Legends set to launch fundraising campaign on
Kickstarter.com for new Feature Film Franchise.
SPACE COMMAND will be a series of new and original feature films by STAR TREK writer Marc
Zicree, GALACTICA FX whiz Doug Drexler, director Neil Johnson and other Sci-Fi luminaries.
Inspired by classic science fiction TV & Film of the 1950s, this dream team is set to bring to life
A“Bold Adventures in the Far Reaches of Space.A”
Beginning May 16th, the filmmakers will bypass the Studios and Networks, going straight to the
fans for funding to greenlight their project.
Since KickstarterA’s launch in April 2009, more than 20,000 creative projects have been successfully
funded by more than 1.8 Million individual contributors.
Fans who contribute to SPACE COMMANDA’s Kickstarter campaign are eligible to receive
exclusive rewards in exchange for individual pledges ranging from $5 to $10,000. Contributions of
$5000 or greater include rewards of Associate Producer Credit and even an Appearance in the Film.
www.PledgeSpaceCommand.com http://www.facebook.com/SpaceCommandMovie
[email protected]
---
Marc Scott Zicree has written for virtually every major network and studio, with hundreds of
hours of produced credits including Star Trek A– The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Babylon 5
and Sliders, and bestsellers including The Twilight Zone Companion and Magic Time trilogy of
novels. He has been nominated for the American Book Award, Hugo Award, Nebula Award,
Humanitas Prize and Diane Thomas Award, and won the Saturn Award, TV Guide Award, Rondo
Award and prestigious Hamptons Prize.
Doug Drexler is an Oscar and Emmy award winner. His credits include Star Trek -- The Next
Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, four Star Trek feature films, Battlestar
Galactica, and currently Defiance. He has also won the British Academy Award, a Saturn Award, a
Visual Effects Society Award and is also a Peabody Award recipient.
Neil JohnsonA’s credits include 8 Sci-Fi films including Alien Armageddon, Battlespace and
Humanity's End. He has directed over 500 music videos for such bands as U2 and Manowar. Neil's
feature film debut in 1997 is reputed to be the first digital film ever made.!

the Face Book Page: www.facebook.com/spacecommandmovie

I am working on a practical model for the movie and will be documenting it in my usual video style.

Here is the first video:

And here's the ship and art work.

Enjoy and support. Enough of the Hollywood bubble gum crap we want better and this is it!

Clipper_3QTR_03.jpg

SC_LIke_Us_R05.jpg
Post edited by SteveNeill on

• andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet
  • REL777REL7770 Posts: 0Member
    Oh dang that's a sexy ship.
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    WHOA! I had no idea that you were on this forum Steve. If not already I welcome you here if it is not too late 8)

I do hope that this becomes a very great hit. I am right now trying to work on that pistol but the contoured grip is being a pain in the lama's Baaaaaaa!
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Retro style - like it!!
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    about time someone with talent and what looks to be a great story bypassed the hacks in hollywood.
  • SteveNeillSteveNeill0 Posts: 0Member
    Guys we need your help! Tired of the same old reality shows? Bad science fiction, werewolves and vampires, cars flipping over, too many lens flares and no story? Well this is the film series for you. Space Command.
    And hereA’s the team:
    Marc envisioned Space Command:
    Marc Scott Zicree has written for virtually every major network and studio, with hundreds of hours of produced credits including Star Trek A– The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Babylon 5 and Sliders, and bestsellers including The Twilight Zone Companion and Magic Time trilogy of novels. He has been nominated for the American Book Award, Hugo Award, Nebula Award, Humanitas Prize and Diane Thomas A ward, and won the Saturn Award, TV Guide Award, Rondo Award and prestigious Hamptons Prize.
    My old friend and Space buddy:
    Doug Drexler is an Oscar and Emmy award winner. His credits include Star Trek -- The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Enterprise, four Star Trek feature films, Battlestar Galactica, and currently Defiance. He has also won the British Academy Award, a Saturn Award, a Visual Effects Society Award and is also a Peabody Award recipient.
    Neil JohnsonA’s credits include eight Sci-Fi films including Alien Armageddon, Battlespace and Humanity's End. He has directed over 500 music videos for such bands as U2 and Manowar. Neil's feature film debut in 1997 is reputed to be the first digital film ever made.
    The reason they went outside Hollywood to get this made? To quote Marc: A“The Suits just donA’t get itA” Bingo!
    This is fan backed film series made by fans themselves we can all be part of.
    Go here to support Space Command and become a backer of the future.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/58936338/space-command
    In less than 2 short days out of a 60 campaign they have already raised 60 thousand dollars of the 75 thousand goal.
    Thanks so much!

Steve Neill

RosieandsteveSpaceCommand0000.jpg
  • TankboyTankboy0 Posts: 2Member
    To put this symbolically "What does God need with a Starship?"

After looking at all the big names in this project...its pretty clear that there is a lot of stuff about Hollywood politics and stuff like that I don't really understand, and would like to.

I'm routinely on the lookout for starting my own small business, and the one thing I am told time and time again is "Investors want Information." And when it comes to investing, the biggest piece of information is the budget.

You're asking us to invest in your movie, and based on what I've seen there is no budget that would explain how that 75,000 dollars would greenlight the movie. Does 50 bucks cover 3 pixels of CGI? Does 257 dollars cover make up for the closeup shots? Does 10,000 dollars cover a production set? And furthermore, is there any kind of money back policy in place in the off event this thing pancakes, or is that money as good as lost?

I apologize for sounding cynical, but I really would like to know that the pledge I make is actually going towards covering something actually in the movie, and not needlessly lining a pocket.

I thank you for taking the time to at the very least read my question.
  • TugarTugar171 Posts: 0Member
    Couple of things.

1) You have the model built in Lightwave, why not convert it to an STL file, and have a 3D printing company make it in a few minutes?

2) I have to agree with Tankboy. Before tons of us give up tons of money, we need more. Some sense of what the movie plot is more than "It's science fiction."

3) Love the model, but could you make it look a little less like a copy of a B-47?