Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalAerowing (from Voyagers saucer)

losthatterlosthatter0 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Sup folks. Im new to SFM Forums. Been a member for a while. Just wanted to show you guys my work in progress. The Aerowing. Its about 95% done. Just playing with textures and decal placement. ITs kind of a custom version. What i think it would really look like if were integrated into Voyager. Ive seen that other version on Drex flies and other posts about it on the net. Thats actually the real design. But hay... were all entitled to our opinions. i guess. LOL

Dont mind the bad glow effects.

I just picked a few random renders. if you guys want specifics just let me kno.

Credits to whoever modeled Voyager. I cant remember where i got it from. sorry.

I also rendered a short sequence when i was playing with atmosphere effects on a planet. Those were my prelim effects. Dont mind the draft look. it wasent done at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c67KJ3lp9vM&list=LLVZ4Xl5Umz3EvKlYdZjDNew&feature=mh_lolz
94901.jpg
94902.jpg
94903.jpg
94904.jpg
94905.jpg
94906.jpg
94907.jpg
Post edited by losthatter on
Tagged:

• andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool, I was always disappointed they never made use of the 'wing in the show, when it seemed like a much better idea than the Delta Flyer.
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    Great looking model! When the original shuttle concept model was posted on Doug Drexler's blog, I took a bit of a crack at the aeroshuttle myself to fit into my own Voyager model, although I didn't get very far. I like that you've incorporated the more distinctive design cues of that concept model, but created something even better. I prefer this to the reversed "stingray" look.
  • losthatterlosthatter0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent. Thank you. Yes i tried to make it look more like Voyager. The other one i saw on Drex files was kinda cartoonie. Nice model none the less. But it just didnt look like it would be something in real life.

When i get the decals done and finalize the textures ill post some shots in the completed work section.

Thanks for you're comments. Keep em commin'. Im open to suggestions also.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Great looking model so far. :)

Welcome to the site (or, at least, posting on the site.) You did one thing wrong, however. When starting the thread, you put the sub-category as "physical modeling" instead of "3D." I dunno if you can fix that or if a moderator has to do it.