Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnother bunch of Trek interiors

• lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Thanks! It's basically a TNG refit of an Ambassador bridge, akin to the tech jump from TOS to TMP.
    Thanks! It's basically a TNG refit of an Ambassador bridge, akin to the tech jump from TOS to TMP.
    112680.jpg
    MadKoiFishBolianAdmiralRory1707
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Hahaha, hey don't blame me! ;)

I'm really liking the openness of it, looks a lot better than the claustrophobic bridge we got for the Ambassador. Interesting use of the TNG conn/ops console on the sides!

I'm personally not the biggest fan of the side-by-side CO/XO chairs, but It's a personal thing. Overall looks really cool!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Hahaha, hey don't blame me! ;)

I'm really liking the openness of it, looks a lot better than the claustrophobic bridge we got for the Ambassador. Interesting use of the TNG conn/ops console on the sides!

I'm personally not the biggest fan of the side-by-side CO/XO chairs, but It's a personal thing. Overall looks really cool!

Oh, I blame you entirely! :lol:

I hadn't even noticed the two command seats! I'm not the biggest fan of dual seating either (I still have a suspicion about just why that setup was forced upon Voyager) but from a visual perspective I'm not dead set against it. And we at least know the Ambassador-class USS Excalibur had a similar arrangement (according to Peter David, anyway). :)

I do think the bridge could benefit from a different color though - It's looking rather salmon-pink right now. ;)
    Thanks, guys!
    Please keep in mind that this is not a Lost Era ship, but one That's been upgraded for the TNG era, similar to the TMP tech upgrade.
    The dual seating is more of a nod to TNG, where capital ships became so large that the operations responsibilities of the first officer warranted a dedicated position instead of someone staff officer double duty, like Spock for example.
    I've based the colors on one of my favorite publicity shots of the TNG main engineering set and they'll get some fine tuning after I've added a small situation room nook to the back of the bridge (similar to what the Akiraprise had), making that a more open layout nod to the TNG conference room.
    112681.jpg
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    edited September 2020 #128
    These are absolutely beautiful! I have to say, I actually kind of prefer the Voyager style dual command seating. It might look awkward visually, as we’ve gotten used to either a single or three command seats, but really, all you need is the Captain and XO in the immediate command area.
    Post edited by BolianAdmiral on
    edited September 2020 #129
    bk5mtdfrkhhr.png
    gnfay1pz464o.jpg
    ji56tzo4j6ch.png
    Thanks!
    For a panorama view, visit https://www.artstation.com/artwork/bKVqon
    Post edited by lennier1 on
    Lizzy777ashleytingerBolianAdmiral
    Ohh, very nice! I like the unique design touches such as the small steps next to the Captain's chair being added on top of the set, and the unique layout at the back, makes it a lot more believable as a set.
    If there's one comment I could make it's about the LCARS, I'd make them all a bit smaller, so that there's a bigger empty border in each panel. Right now you have them all the way to the edge of the screens, and that decreases the quality of it somewhat IMO.
    Anyway, glad to see you back at it! :)
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Love these. It feels like the kind of set redress they might have done on the show if they had more time to spare to do that. The LCARS look great, the bridge is nice and bright... it puts me in mind of a classic car that's been restored and converted to electric, and now it can do tricks it never did before.
    @Rekkert: Thanks! That's mostly due to how much I such at unwrapping models.
    @BlueNeumann: Glad you like it. The feeling of something old that's been upgraded to modern specs is exactly what I was going for.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    I remember distorted views like that from back in my 20's (40 years ago). Brings back a lot of memories (hope they are real memories)!
    Beginning of a New Orleans bridge:
    aj6khcpq5sta.png
    BolianAdmiral
    Oh man, you could fit some GREAT chairs in that horseshoe curve. Your guests could take a nap there!
    I think those front consoles might be too close to the viewscreen.
    That Freedom bridge is just gorgeous... and I love where the New Orleans bridge is going.
    I quite like that horseshoe/rail hybrid you got going on in the New Orleans.

I'm not the biggest fan of the conn/ops consoles angled the way they are though, I feel that would work better if they're angled the other way around, following the curve of the pit. Still, a very cool look overall, and those original chairs fit in nicely!
    edited September 2020 #140
    Thanks, guys!
    @Rekkert I know what you mean and I tried it the other way around, but the officers would get a stiff neck, constantly compensating for the angle, so I just went with something where they're looking straight at the main viewer.

vnair50ca4k4.png
    skdwdk2fvhsz.png

And for a panorama view, check out https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VgGkn4
    Post edited by lennier1 on
    ashleytingerLizzy777RekkertBolianAdmiralMadKoiFish
    I kinda like the red chairs.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Me too, but occupational physicians will have issues with the side station's grounded chairs.
    Reviving this one:
    px9vneetus8a.png
    wa8412n9cj54.png
    RekkertLizzy777BolianAdmiralFreakMadKoiFish
    Can you post a floor plan view of that one? I’d like to get a better feel for the layout. I love the look of it so far!
    No problem.
    ogeeh4jwnk6l.png
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerslybrarian
    Thank you! 😊
    Hmm... the yellow stands out a bit too much against the blue/gray of the rest of the interior. It could definitely either use another colour, maybe some brown somewhere to balance it out.
    Yeah, beat me to it. I’d add some more color to maybe the ceiling or parts of the aft wall, to break up all the solid gray, because as it is now, the blue areas are all concentrated in one area.
    Quick preview of the next one:
    c5hi1drbjui2.png
    7182twmjn3lb.png
    Lizzy777BolianAdmiral
    Slowly getting there thanks to all the guys from the SFM Discord!
    mlghmbia2ztf.png
    hcunnrodnfl2.png
    lewisniven