Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMEGACITY

jeffabbyjeffabby171 Posts: 32Member
edited August 2012 in Work in Progress #1
ideas welcome, wanting a self sufficient city of the future capitol, slash, logans run, slash buck rogers. without all the death though.
95113.jpg
Post edited by jeffabby on
a.jpg 132.3K
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I was kinda hoping it was a Judge Dredd Mega-City. ;)

It looks good so far. :)
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    I Was hoping for matrix...
  • jeffabbyjeffabby171 Posts: 32Member
    I will look up judge dredd and matrix zion city thanks for both suggestions both are great pools to draw from
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Nice,try something like Stargate Atlantis.Try to add some agricultural areas.
    upgrades and new pics keep the ideas coming thanks for the ones so far
    94512.jpg
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    Hmm...everyone has waterfront property, makes it easy to dump the bodies ;P
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    for a mega city thats pretty small...
    that is true had much more mega in mind then I went aquatic then it turned into more of a modern atlantis
    updated render with some trees
  • halhal192 Posts: 157Member
    Nice start with the shape of the islands your going for have a look at the exterior shot of the romulan senate from the opening scene of star trek nemesis. Also take a look at final fantasy 7 (midgar) and the fith element.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    This reminds me of some sketches in The Art of Mass Effect, I"m not sure which planet/city it could be from.

Citadel inspired maybe
  • 3DCG3DCG0 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting Concept, its a good looking start, let the imagination begin on what to do next....

Mike :)
    extended out another ring I think now just sea farming , industry and other items on the outer islands not quite sure how the military is going to look and want to work on the entrances thinking something like the Helios statued entrance or a gated type entry.
    94543.jpg
    what no farm land or uber large warehouses? or docks for ships/submarines or landing stips for planes? or bridges connecting the land masses together (yes the smaller ilands have connections but what about the matropolisis?) also does each sector count as a diff city or diff status levels like poor rich middle class?
    inner circle old money and decreasing as you go outward. I posted last about creating the labor and industry to the outside alot of people equals alot of food and resources I thought it might be a resort as well or the capitol near land with the primary resources being shipped in and things like waste being shipped out but I like the idea of being a self sufficient society onto itself. also alot of farming I think would be sea kelp and fish and seafood but I think they might used advanced processing plants using a technology that draws the fish in rather then fishing.
  • halhal192 Posts: 157Member
    If you're thinking status, way not have the poor and all the industry under the water? Only the rich and the elite live above the surface?
    It's looking great. I'd like a room reserved in that gold tower in the center. :devil:
    great idea hal I never considered the underwater option I was thinking monarch by a fair leader or a society with a strong middle class I want a free will society but I am not sure if this is a fair society or more like bregna, the capitol , or 1984. rather than either a oligarchy or oppresive society it almost looks too bright for that but have not made up my mind yet. camelot, Atlantis or the real world ? not sure.

and yes I know Atlantis and Camelot both ended but I guess we will have to see. regardless the seperate underwater world is an awesome idea.
  • tekkon7tekkon761 Posts: 0Member
    Great work, sorry if I missed this somewhere in the thread, what's the sandy area?
    it was going to be for crops when the city was smaller I was going to have each ring sustain itself but then farming the ocean made more sense so now I dont know what I am going to do with it lol :)
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Ooooooo, sweet! Can't wait to see the command center & (beneath the water-line) sub/shuttle bays, self-defense systems like missile silos, electronic defense measures, etc.
    military training ground?? add mountians make it a recerational section ( i know u got a forest area already but yeah) food storage area?
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    I'd use the ring for wheat/corn farming, recycling, ore & garbage smelter-incinerators, "vertical take-off & landing" aircraft pads, (upper level?) air & water filtration, satellite (cellular/internet/VOIP) communications, solar/wind farms, corrections facilities, etc.

I'm sure there's already gyms below-decks with climbing walls so there's no need for a mountain ~but~ what about a couple of small strips of golden beach along the inner doughnut area, facing inward toward the city's core? Maybe a large public convertible auditorium for announcements of the outcome of sports / votes, soccer, football & seasonal things like ice-skating?

How would you cover the top of the city exposed to the elements, in the event of attack or extreme weather?

I could see part of the flat area of the outer ring used for emergency medical quarantine, building additional temporary or permanent open air markets, diplomatic offices, or residential spaces as necessary.

Perhaps military housing and training (gun range, boot camp, etc.) close to aircraft pads & maybe a NASA style landing strip & launch facility. An easily containable area where there's a virtually-eliminated chance of a civilian accidentally getting in the way.

What about "escape pods" or mass transit lines between the inner & outer rings?
    i mentioned mountians cuz who the hell wants to stair at wall when u can climb a mountian and have a veiw of the city/stars also he said grabage/waste is shipped off the city
    theres a rail system between inner rings outer rings operate more independantly by nature and for travel a sub and naval fleet. a shield based system for defence along with a prominent airforce,missile defence system and ground troops. i am going to design more satelite islands and thinking a caldera to be the foundation. with hals idea i have a whole world of possibilities below deck
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,564Member
    This is awesome and beautiful... I love seeing stuff like this!
    added entrance arch and two tigers decorative ceremonial entry to inner circle, also rough render of train tunnels connecting inner circle
    94594.jpg94595.jpg
    Looking great. :)

Are you eventually going to get more detailed with the buildings or pretty much just leave them as they are? You could always save polygons and detail them further with some textures.
    yeah u need to make some individual building that have differnt shapes or make sume wear house industial buildings
    basicly break up the random same looking buildings