Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Ralph McQuarrie passes at the age of 82 =(

Stev0Stev00 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2012 in General Discussion #1
In my opinion. The real architect of Star Wars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17249596
Post edited by Stev0 on

• rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    His art was the first I looked at and said "Wowwwww".
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    :( great artist.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    His art will be with us always.

It goes without saying that the guy was a great inspiration to myself and was one of the key factors in my choosing to pursue a career in art from an early age, having grown up with his work and the cinematic results of that art. I still have stacks and stacks of books featuring his art and reproductions of my favourite pieces of his work hanging on my office wall. His concept work was key in getting the movie executives to sign off on George Lucas's crazy idea and helped get Star Wars made.

A hugely influential talent and a sad loss to the world of art and fantastical movie making.

Below is a link to a few words from George Lucas:

http://www.starwars.com/news/ralph_mcquarrie_remembered.html
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Even though I'm more a Trek fan that a Star Wars fan, I had a book with lots of his artwork as a kid, it inspired me to do my own art and you could even say one of the reasons I'm here today. We lost a great artist and human being today.:(
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • DougxDougx172 Posts: 3Member
    What a shame one of the great scifi artists
    He's the whole reason I got into scifi art I remember getting his prints from a new hope when I was about 6 that takes me back:)
  • moebiustripmoebiustrip0 Posts: 0Member
    Ralph McQuarrie, the genius who made Darth Vader, Artoo and Threepio and all the brilliant designs of Star Wars live.