Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Blender Render Help Needed!

BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,564Member
Hey, all...

This is something that has had me wanting to rip my hair out, and cry while banging my head on the desktop. For some strange reason, I cannot seem to get Blender 2.30 to render ANY angle of a model, other than a default angle it seems to have. To it:

Below, as you can see, is the angle I WANT to render in the camera window (highlighted in red).

figure1a.png

Now... no matter what I do, or how I align the model, I cannot seem to get it to render ANY angle but the one below (watermark added so nobody uses the image):

figure2.png

I have tried moving the camera(s) around, as well as the light(s), but for some reason, ONLY that one single angle of the ship will render out. I am at my wit's end about this, and I can't understand what I'm doing wrong or missing.

It doesn't help that I find Blender's UI to be a frakking mind-boggling enigma... I don't understand why it can't be simple to use or understand. Can someone please show me a way to render any angle that is EASY and simple to understand? Thanks in advance.

- BolianAdmiral
Post edited by BolianAdmiral on

• TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Have you tried keyframing the camera? :devil:
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,564Member
    ^

Well now that you told me over IM what that means/is, I could try it, yeah... I haven't thought of using animation settings for a still render yet.
  • JSMJSM0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey, all...
    For some strange reason, I cannot seem to get Blender 2.30 to render ANY angle of a model, other than a default angle it seems to have.
    What the.....blender 2.30 :lol: Seriously?!?...it's time for an upgrade:)
    The current blender version's (2.61) UI is better....give it a try.
    ^

I actually had a newer version installed, but on that one, I couldn't figure out how to load textures/shading... :(

I really am inept with Blender, but it's free, so...
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I came to Blender after the 2.3 version, so I can't help you.
    But you can inport this meshes into the latest version with all it textuers in place. Just render it out in that.
    As for textuers/ shading. It on the right hand side. you may have to pull the menu out to the left so you can see all the option under propertys "window".
    ^

Thanks... yeah, someone else also told me that, and it worked, so I can now make my own full renders! The results can be seen here:

http://federationreference.prophpbb.com/topic744-60.html

Thanks for the help, folks!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    No worries
  • Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
    If you need help with blender, watch this tutorial on youtube, download and save all the tuts in this guy's series and learn how to use the current versions of blender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFT6rRlUxPI
    ^

That's a cool vid... thanks!