Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNormandy SR2 (from concept) WIP

boxoffrogsboxoffrogs0 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Hi,

this is my first post, and will be my first contribution. I am aware that there is already a great model of the Normandy here but I wanted something to get me started on modeling. I also wanted to only use the concept sketch as template and not the finished artworks/renderings to differentiate from the existing model.

Hope you like it and I would be happy if you had any suggestions.
93263.jpg
93264.jpg
Post edited by boxoffrogs on
Tagged:

• NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    That's slick
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice. Textures look they need a little more work, but overall a very nice model of the SR-2. As I've said before, there isn't nearly enough Mass Effect stuff here.
  • boxoffrogsboxoffrogs0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the comments. I keep working on adding more details and posting it here when it's done.

@ Borkless: Agreed, we need more Mass Effect models, maybe I try my hands on the mako, the hammerhead and a reaper.
    But first I have to get this normandy on track :)
    Here is a follow-up post on my website: http://www.boxoffrogs.eu/normandy-sr2-update-2/

nothing really new, but a few additional close-up-shots.
  • species001species0010 Posts: 0Member
    thats awesome work man :)
  • brain_damagebrain_damage0 Posts: 0Member
    That's some nice clean model, very nice SR-2, congrats. I do agree Borkless, texture need some work, they look too clean right now.
    Hey folks. I'm still working on the model but progress is slow because I have to work and play Mass Effect 3. To keep you entertained in the meantime I made a wallpaper which you can download here. Hope you like it!

Here is my todo list if you are interested:

1. Add details
    2. Add functionality (Bay door, Thanix Cannons, Shutters etc.)
    3. Implement functionality via xpresso if possible
    4. Make Alliance SR2 Texture variant.
    94279.jpg
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    boxoffrogs wrote: »
    play Mass Effect 3
    Here, you'll need this for when you get to the end:

9ZjSQ.jpg
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    suprised u havent done the fighter yet
  • Tochiro76Tochiro760 Posts: 0Member
    I have never liked the front end of this ship and the fins on the back seem odd and out of place. Also the engines look like they are some kind of docking clamps or something. Would be nice to see an internal model of the ship too and see it all fit together correctly. Maybe the ship is a little too skinny too? The placement of the communications room in the game has it all the way to the edge of the hull internally which is kinda strange because if you wanted to really bang this ship up just shoot at that point lol may even hit someone important too.

About the ending, yeah... I liked the green one:-)