Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Hi there!

It's been a year since the Big Move, so we'd appreciate it, if you let us know how we're doing in our occasional feedback thread. :)
Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

3DBabylon 5: Drazi Sky Serpent

JSMJSM0 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2012 in Work in Progress #1
So I thought for my first model WIP (on this forum...) I would tackle the little modeled spaceship from Babylon 5......the Drazi Sky Serpent. I hope to update the graphics for this ship...hopefully up to today's standards. :)

wb3t74.jpg

2pzfv9g.jpg

10mn3g9.jpg

34j7z84.jpg

Let me know what you think...

Edit: Current Progress Picture
93442.jpg
Post edited by JSM on
Tagged:

• commandersozocommandersozo190 Posts: 467Member
    love b5 stuff....
    looks like a promising start. looking forward to see your hope for updates will come true :D !
  • StarshipStarship231 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,757Member
    Good start. Subscribed. :)
  • JSMJSM0 Posts: 0Member
    love b5 stuff....
    looks like a promising start. looking forward to see your hope for updates will come true :D !

Thanks:D....it shouldn't be too hard to update it...however, if it was a capital ship then it might take a couple of months, as it took around 3 months to rebuild Babylon 5 for The Lost Tales
    Starship wrote: »
    Good start. Subscribed. :)

Thanks...Hopefully there will be some more progress today, no guarantees though. :lol:
    Some more progress...I was hoping to get more done today but real life decided to rudely distract me from working on this :lol:

1-19-11-render1.jpg 1-19-11-render2.jpg 1-19-11-render3.jpg
    93185.jpg93186.jpg93187.jpg
  • PagrinPagrin0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice. You don't see much Drazi stuff around, so its good to see a different ship being tackled.
  • HelotHelot0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice work so far. All the B5 ships were pretty unique, from race to race, and the Drazi ships were pretty cool.
  • AresiusAresius341 Posts: 4,133Member
    Nice idea and good work so far.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good
    Thanks everybody for the encouraging comments:D

Had about under 30 min. to work work on this model...so not to much done but at least something was done :)....and I only had time to render one progress picture. :(

1-20-12-render1.jpg
    93222.jpg
    Had some time today...so here is the progress...most of the work concentrated on creating greebles for a recessed area...although I did some other stuff as well :)
    93240.jpg93241.jpg93242.jpg
    That's an odd idea for the drive supports. I like it, but it makes the renders look kinda blocky in a way. Or almost like they could extend and expand. Strange and interesting, in a good way.
    Pagrin wrote: »
    That's an odd idea for the drive supports. I like it, but it makes the renders look kinda blocky in a way. Or almost like they could extend and expand. Strange and interesting, in a good way.
    Thanks!!...I wanted a different look and I guess I got one :)

Some of the progress I have come up with. I am almost done with the modeling and I have done some texturing work :)
    93374.jpg93375.jpg93376.jpg
    Nice.
    The orange glowing areas feel a bit classic trek to me. Didn't the Drazi have Green drive glows in the show, or am I remembering it wrong?
    I do like the mounting for the rear pod however. That looks very cool indeed.
    Nice.
    The orange glowing areas feel a bit classic trek to me. Didn't the Drazi have Green drive glows in the show, or am I remembering it wrong?
    The drives were not green I.E. http://www.b5tech.com/oldb5tech/league/leagueships/Sky_Serpant/sky_serpant.html ...but I am pretty sure that one of the ships from Babylon 5 had engines that glowed green, the Narn fighter maybe?
    I do like the mounting for the rear pod however. That looks very cool indeed.
    That was something that I had to come up with entirely by myself...and as you said it looks quite cool. :cool:

I think I might eventually make a short animation with this model...purple Drazi versus green Drazi:lol:
    However, it might be awhile before that happens with collage and what not.
    Some progress...mostly texturing and backround textures. :) I am thinking that I might model the cockpit and the pilot.:D
    93442.jpg93443.jpg
    JSM wrote: »
    The drives were not green I.E. http://www.b5tech.com/oldb5tech/league/leagueships/Sky_Serpant/sky_serpant.html ...but I am pretty sure that one of the ships from Babylon 5 had engines that glowed green, the Narn fighter maybe?

Arrr must just be my faulty memory.
    Purple vs Green in a "Dogfight" would be interesting however. You could add a color bar to the ship and just change it for the different craft.
    You could add a color bar to the ship and just change it for the different craft.
    Exactly what I was planing to do :)