Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Defc taelon shuttle

ro11ymro11ym0 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2011 in Work in Progress #1
i know gene rodenberry's: earth's final conflict is not that as popular compare to other sci-fi shows out there but i believe there are some cool ships in that show.

for the taelon there are the:
- mother ship
- warship
- ma'el science ship
- shuttle
- alternate dimension shuttle
which are all organic technology which are alive in nature and mostly controlled by holographic interfaces plus they all utilize virtual glass (force fields that are used for ship structures and such). i also like the concept of the inter-dimensional drive (id drive) technology which allow a vessel to enter id space and travel vast distances.

for the jaridian there are the:
- sokara cruiser
- various space probes
- shuttle

other species
- kimera ship
- atavus ship

thought by now someone would do up some of those ships but i haven't really seen anything from this show. anyway i really like the concept of the taelon shuttle so giving it a try. i'm still looking for more references and any help would be awesome.

ts01.JPG

ts02.JPG

here's some screen shot of my shuttle.
taelonshuttle05.jpg

taelonshuttle01.jpg

taelonshuttle06.jpg

btw my sis dubbed this model the leaping frog.

cheers

rolly
92412.JPG
92413.JPG
92415.jpg
92416.jpg
92417.jpg
Post edited by ro11ym on

• DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Man i used to love there tech. devices!
    great job,and looking forward to more.:thumb:
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Wow have not seen one of these since Ed Giddings (I think) made one years ago.
    Will be watching this one!
  • DGWilliamsDGWilliams0 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool. I always liked the genuinely alien feel of Taelon tech.
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Boy I feel stupid... When I read your title for some reason it read Talon to me at first glance, as in the ship from Farscape, then when I looked at your preview image, I kept thinking, "it looks more like a Taelon's ship, than the Talon.". Boy, I feel stupid...

In any case, good start so far. Though I never really watched the show that much, (I was really busy at the time), I always liked their technology. Good job. :thumb:
  • ro11ymro11ym0 Posts: 0Member
    i have been focusing on the main shape of the body. every time i look at my references i keep seeing something new things. the changes i made are making the arm of the forward paddle shorter and putting some flooring plus top detail.

anyway here are some slight updates.

ts001.jpg

ts003.jpg

ts004.jpg

ts005.jpg

cheers and regards
    92454.jpg92455.jpg92456.jpg92457.jpg