Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationBattlestar Battle scene take 2

markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
edited October 2011 in Work in Progress #1
1st im not sure what the hells going on with youtube,but my video doesnt look like that in the quicktime window... :(

I've re started blocking the animation for another galactica animation. got the first section layed out now, i've been working on it for about a week or so. i'll probably get this finished before i start working on the second half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR3Jl6r9F3s
91460.jpg
Post edited by markmassey on

• L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    good start :)
    youre pretty fast. in a week, i would have put together about a quarter of that.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    well works been slow this month, the big cic scene at the start i did a few weeks ago to get back into it, so i suppose a week isnt that exact if i think about it.. but started the bulk of it last weekend.

I'm banned from the computer for the weekend now, my girlfriend gave me the look this evening when she asked what i was doing tonight.. I'f id have said animating, id be in the hospital now.. So about to sit with her and start season 2 of atlantis.. why i'm still typing i dont know :)
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    That was awesome! Out-Frakking-standing. What program did you use?
    EDIT: There are some things that could have been done better (explosions, seeing shells come from Galactica's cannon) but the editing and well-chosen sound really drew me in. I felt exactly like I was watching an episode of BSG.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    you are whipped lol jk
    that's a pretty neat animation. I havent seen the new bsg yet so i cant give you any advice.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
    Thats great work Mark.
    my girlfriend gave me the look this evening when she asked what i was doing tonight
    LOL
    markmassey wrote: »
    my girlfriend gave me the look this evening when she asked what i was doing tonight..

mmmmm.... girlfriends have that kind of power.
    well, have irl fun this weekend in the real world
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Ah, The Look... I'm sure we're all aware of it in some form or another. Anyway, looks fun. Reminds me of the animatics they use to piece together films before production.
    Thanks guys, haha yes i am whipped and i know it.. well i know when i've pushed my girlfriends patience..

I'm using maya to do this, but will be throwing it into after effects to composit the final shots... get those lovely explosions going..

Yea its sort of animatic stage at the minute so "hopefully" the animation of both the ships and characters will look sweet when i'm done.. I'm just going to start going through shot by shot now, working on the animation. then it will be back to the fist shot to set up render layers and start test renders..
    Thought id update with a still from the comp. and get rid of that question mark on the thread :)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I must have been blessed, having had a gf that understood the joy of computer-work, being a gamer herself...
    Ah well, sad she decided to end the relationship because she's moving back home, but long-distance relationships aren't such a nice idea either.

Nice work, I hope you somehow find a way to make the characters more recognisable and let their mouths move, even if its just a simple open-shut-open-shut sequence.
    Looks really cool! I can't wait to see the finished comp!
    Ok ive done a comp of the first two shots to show how things are going and are going to go.. the second shot is more of a response to you Aresius :) I'm planning on having the characters fully animated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kayMf2JrenU

But i'd agree about long distance relationships being tough..
    Ok ive done a comp of the first two shots to show how things are going and are going to go.. the second shot is more of a response to you Aresius :) I'm planning on having the characters fully animated.

That looks really cool! out of curiosity, where did you get that Basestar model? I've scoured the Internets, but I can't find a good download anywhere.
    Cheers mate, The basestar came with the low poly fleet thats in the downloads section.
  • Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome! Ill definitely be keeping an eye on this! :D
    Cheers mate, The basestar came with the low poly fleet thats in the downloads section.

Thanks! I'm looking forwards to the final comp.
    not a massive update, i'm still animating the scene in the cic... But had the afternoon off work so rendered this shot and comped it..

Its work a look,,,,,,,,,, better than a puch in the balls :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/me0markmassey#p/u/0/sHalOQJ5phA
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    some reqally nice work there.
    1st version of that shot was already ok for me :)

but as im not a certified animator, im not that exigent...
    Looks really good. Makes me think of B5, but in a good way.