Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNormandy SR2

acidstormacidstorm178 Posts: 115Member
edited May 2011 in Work in Progress #1
I hadn't rendered anything in a while. Was wracking my brain to come up with another submission for the resource challenge (over on F3D) but the stuff I came up with I just wasn't happy with.

I went diggin' through the collection of models I've downloaded. Some of which haven't been touched or I've taken a look at but haven't done any rendering with them.

This is the case with this nice little Normandy SR2 model done by, Thorreign.

I did a test comp and want to make use of motion blur for the final image... I was also messing with Z depth pass in photoshop on the 2nd comp image for DoF. Although I put it very slight as it didn't look right if it was more than slightly done.

First comp had an angle that I was not very happy with and the motion blur ended up being more than what I wanted. Also at that point I hadn't adjusted any of the texture settings. They were all set to 0 specularity so it was rather flat looking.

The 2nd comp I went further after tweaking it and spent more time adjusting the lights and also made some area lights for thrusters. I'm probably going to turn the density down on those quite a bit for the final render. I was just happy to get them looking decent really fast for a change.

Anyways the first comp was scary looking. The second comp is much more promising. I like the angle and how the lights are set up, so I think I'll stick with that.

Just need to get the window lights lit up on the side and front of the ship and work on the motion blur for the final render.

Background by: Casperium
89641.jpg
89642.jpg
Post edited by acidstorm on
Tagged:

• matt/mathiasmatt/mathias0 Posts: 0Member
    cool :D I love seeing my work is being used to make good :) great shot
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Nice.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD