Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDestiny, SGU

themyth212themyth212331 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Loads of people are making one, so i joined in on the action.
90986.jpg
Post edited by themyth212 on
Tagged:

• Randy TjangRandy Tjang0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks nice. Like most Destiny models around, the nose isn't quite right- needs to a little more blunt and larger. Sidenote, did anyone notice how people are only making models of Destiny after SGU was cancelled?
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Looks nice. Like most Destiny models around, the nose isn't quite right- needs to a little more blunt and larger. Sidenote, did anyone notice how people are only making models of Destiny after SGU was cancelled?

clearly you have no idea what you are talking about as i know for a fact that his nose is very accurate how i know this is none of your concern but i asure i do know this and so does myth.
  • solariesolarie0 Posts: 0Member
    Don't mind it i got the same welcome with my destiny ship even tho i told em in the op post that it was not a 100% replica :argh:
    I like you model nice start so far, but i cant remember to have seen the lights you have on the "wings" are they there in the tv version of the ship?
    you told me the same thing what is it with you and the nose ??
  • davidnevuedavidnevue0 Posts: 0Member
    Actually Omni, he's right. The nose is pretty dang off. Not so much in exact shape, but in the curve of it.
    davidnevue wrote: »
    Actually Omni, he's right. The nose is pretty dang off. Not so much in exact shape, but in the curve of it.
    What I meant.
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    What I meant.

BS.
    omnipotent wrote: »
    BS.
    "the nose isn't quite right- needs to a little more blunt and larger"
    What do you change when you want something to be more blunt? The curve.
  • themyth212themyth212331 Posts: 0Member
    update
    89630.jpg
    update, bigger render showing some details
    89639.jpg
  • EgeriaEgeria61 Posts: 0Member
    The nose does look rather pointed, but we cannot say whether that is correct or not...

it might be that it'd solve itself if the ship was stretched sideways a little, or at least he midsection widened...

the curve of the ship side looks mostly correct... an alternate change might be to shorten it a bit... but we're not sure, seeing that we've not tried measuring it up against the show...
    trust me when i say the shape of the ship, width and length are very accurate
    update
    89643.jpg
    just curious... where do you get the dimensions for other parts from? length, width and height are easy to find... but how do you get the dimensions for such as the curves?
    could you give an image from a flatter angle? we get the feel that the nose is too thin vertically, but that might just be based on perspective...
    simple things for people
    89654.jpg89655.jpg89656.jpg
    rather hard to see exact shape of nose from that... got one of the front 1/3rd, rotated roughly 40ish degrees along horizontalish plane?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i can see the shape jus fine
  • MarkyDMarkyD0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work so far, keep going.
    just a placeholder to see what it will look like before i redo it and add detail
    89684.jpg
    update
    89740.jpg
  • MarkyDMarkyD0 Posts: 0Member
    Good work, she is coming along nicely :cool:
    thanks man
    update, dome added, kinda mid poly to the low poly side but its perfect for what im gonna use destiny for.
    89741.jpg89742.jpg
    dome updated
    89744.jpg
    nice dome...
  • viper01870viper018700 Posts: 0Member
    varrry cool cant what to see detail
    update, some small details added
    89788.jpg
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    This is coming along nicely. The details are starting to build up just right.
    thanks