Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMetals Halo Meshes

13»

• Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work so far. This is probably my second favorite ship type from the Halo-verse, with the first being the UNSC Frigate, such as the Forward Unto Dawn or In Amber Clad.
  • metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    yeah i've done the frigate already ( first page ) though after picking up some new tricks i may redo it before i texture this one and grab a "clay" reder of them both along with the prowler once thats done aswell :D
    quick update for you fans (like there are any :P) just kidding i'm sure someone somewhere loves this stuff lol

anyhow before i roll off some kinda rant heres how the engine sections coming along

and yus i know the engines are a custom job but i think they look better :D
    91182.jpg91183.jpg
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    enough engines? LOL
    lols pictures of the ingame version show 8 engines 6 big 2 small theres the same amount here however they are a custom job so they look different no renders to show yet but a little info for ya the base model is completed i'm currently adding textures now and the little details :)
    85% completed just a few bits on the main hull to finish and alot of little details this models already driving me crazy and its still gotta be textued unless anyone wants the job lol having said that its soon going up for sale so better not give it away before i can make some money lol

hope you like it :D
    91189.jpg
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice. I really like it. It is actually Supposed to be The Spirit Of Fire, or another ship in the class?
    I'd like to see more shots of it.
    Bravo.
    its an attempt at he spirit of fire same class of ship ( phoenix class military refit ) however i'm debating o adding the spirits nameplate and serial numbers atm
    metalsnake wrote: »
    its an attempt at he spirit of fire same class of ship ( phoenix class military refit ) however i'm debating o adding the spirits nameplate and serial numbers atm

Lookng sharp. The Spirit Of Fire is my fave UNSC ship. Looking forward to seeing this one done.
    so taken a break from detail the phoenix military refit and started work on a kind of sabre model

heres some renders of its progress

let me know what you think :D
    91295.jpg91296.jpg
    so taken a break from detail the phoenix military refit and started work on a kind of sabre model

heres some renders of its progress

let me know what you think :D

Very nice. I love the Sabre. It's one of the coolest things from the Reach game(Except the Falcon). Did you get all the concept reference the guy who did the concept art posted on conceptships?
    i've got reference images from all over the net sadly i cant remember where each image came from......

glad your liking the sabre based model i'm hoping to give it some landing gear if i can work out where to put it lol this model will more than likely under go several changes before completion :P
    Yeah. I am looking forward to that.
    Here are some images i found floating about(You probably already have them all):

isaac_h_04.jpg

isaac_h_03.jpg

isaac_h_02.jpg

ih_sabre_engine_top_and_front01.jpg

ih_sabre_engine_detail01.jpg
    yeah i've got those and i finally tracked down where i got them from so reference credits go to Isaac Hannaford images from http://www.isaachannaford.com/ gotta say i love the sabre :D
    For sure, it's a beautiful design. It's quite "busy" with details, but most real military craft are.
    well so far so good i think ever so slightly different from the sabre i've made a kinda upgraded/prototype version depending on how i fit it in to my back story

codename: Talon
    crew: 1
    engines: 4 hypertonic jets, thrusters and FTL drive system
    weapons: advanced minigun with spartan laser upgrade, standard missile payload ( upto 16 )
    defenses: standard shielding, ablative stealth plating and active camoflauge
    top speed sub FTL: mach 4

if anyone wants to come up with some statistics feel free to post them :) and now the render
    91408.jpg
    well so far so good i think ever so slightly different from the sabre i've made a kinda upgraded/prototype version depending on how i fit it in to my back story

codename: Talon
    crew: 1
    engines: 4 hypertonic jets, thrusters and FTL drive system
    weapons: advanced minigun with spartan laser upgrade, standard missile payload ( upto 16 )
    defenses: standard shielding, ablative stealth plating and active camoflauge
    top speed sub FTL: mach 4

if anyone wants to come up with some statistics feel free to post them :) and now the render

Looks very good.
    And a bit smaller than the sabre.
    As for the FTL drive, it has been mentioned in the books that the smallest ever unsc vessel with a slipspace drive was the Chiroptera class. And that was fifty metres long.
    http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Chiroptera-class_Stealth_Vessel
    Of course, if you are making the Talon as a "post war" fighter, the covenant likely have technology that could reduce the size of an operational slipspace matrix. Which is enough of a justification to me.
    Looking good, though I think you should bump up the 'sub ftl' Sub-Light speed. There are modern aircraft that could very nearly keep up with that speed as well as some experimental aircraft that are much faster. Add to this its role as a space fighter and mach 4 is barely moving at all, even for something smaller then the Sabre. Mach 4 might be fine for within an atmosphere, but as a standard top sub-light speed, it needs to do better. Perhaps break it down into separate space and atmospheric operational top speeds.
    good idea there jimi so lets see maybe

sub-ftl (atmospheric) - mach 4.5

sub-ftl(space) mach 7-8 (8 with emergency power reserves maximum time 12 minutes before power recharge)

sound better ?
    I don't know. I still think that's too slow for space. According to google, which means it's true, Mach 7 is 2382.03 meters per second. In comparison, the space shuttle orbits the earth at about 7860 m/s depending on altitude...also according to Google. The distance from the Earth to the moon is roughly 384400 km, or 384 400 000 meters. So according to my math which may be faulty, at 7860 m/s, the shuttle would take about 13.5 hours to get to the moon...and at mach 7, your Talon would take almost 45 hours to reach the moon. At that speed, by the time you get there, the fight is going to be over, unless you make some sort of short FTL jump.

The speed of the vehicle would largely depend on the type of missions these ships will undertake as well I think. For example, if it's a bomber or stealth vehicle, then it doesn't need to be fast, where as if it's a strike fighter or interceptor, then it needs to be as fast as possible so the time between spotting a threat and engaging that threat is as short as possible.

You also need to consider operational range. If they're not meant to go very far away from a planet, ship, or base, then a slower speed might be alright, (until they engage similarly classed vessels that can out run them, effectively allowing the enemy to dictate the course of the engagement), but if you want them to make trips across a solar system or even to near by planets and moons, which would likely be necessary given the addition of some FTL capabilities, then we're talking about sublight speeds nearing one quarter of light speed. I use that as a basis taken from Star Trek, where full impulse is .25 of light speed (270 million kilometers per hour according to the warp speed chart) and it takes only a handful of seconds to reach the moon, and about 44 hours to cross the solar system, though on the show it always took far less time.

Also keep in mind Halo is in the 26th century, so performance values should completely blow past any modern equivalent. While it doesn't have an FTL, I'd not be surprised at all to see a Pelican make the trip from a planets surface to landing on a moon in mere minutes. As a rough estimate, a velocity of 650 kilometers per second would take you from the earth to the moon in less then ten minutes, though even at that speed, the trip to Mars is going to take a while....again, my math may be faulty here.

Additionally, because it's space you may want to move away from using Mach numbers and try to nail down some sort of other value, either a general meter/kilometer per second, or perhaps some other sort of value representing sub light velocities.

In any event, it's sci-fi set in the distant future, so think faster....much faster. lol
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    good idea there jimi so lets see maybe

sub-ftl (atmospheric) - mach 4.5

sub-ftl(space) mach 7-8 (8 with emergency power reserves maximum time 12 minutes before power recharge)

sound better ?

Mach 8 is only around 2,722 m/s. The ISS travels at a speed of around 7,706.6 m/s, the apollo craft travelled at around 3000 m/s in the 70's!

If this ship really does have an FTL drive I would assume it could go a bit faster.
    ok so rough figures still here say 6000 m/s in atmosphere and 8500-10500 m/s in space