Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMetals Halo Meshes

metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2011 in Work in Progress #1
been a while since i posted anything and after being away for awhile i took some time and started work on a few halo based USNC ships

set after the loss of the pillar of autumn some of the ships are still around and then theres some new ones

first off my take on he USNC frigate based off the savanna from halo reach

C&C welcome guys dont be shy
90552.jpg
Post edited by metalsnake on
Tagged:

• Kalic-VadekKalic-Vadek0 Posts: 0Member
    TBH, looks more like an Destroyer/Cruiser than a Frigate.
  • Lord OvermindLord Overmind0 Posts: 5Member
    FYI, That's the engine block, not the whole thing.
  • metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    yeah thats the engine block at the back made a start on the middle side pods though i have no idea what they are for

from what i figure they look like launch bays for pelicans or large cargo bays

shrugs well seeing as this is my take on the ship i'm going to make the front of these pods into pelican bays and add some ballistic bays and cargo bays on the side :)

anyhow heres a render of them getting under way :)
    89293.jpg
    another update

bridge section now modelled and added in all this is minus detailing

now being no good at uv mapping and unfolding etc and suggestions for paint jobs welcome
    89319.jpg
    So wares the MAC going, UNSC ships are Built around there MAC's due there there massive size.
    the front top section holds the mac theres still plenty of modelling to do before its ready for the major detailling to be done i'm slugging away at it :) just be a little patient hehe
    quick render of the now added lower frontal section :)

suggestions for extra details welcome ie windows, some internal sections etc
    89326.jpg
    well its done i'm happy to present the finished frigate

the lor ella class strike frigate

armed with a single frontal MAC 1 dual barrel reat rail gun ( own design and idea ) 2 frontal facing railgun turrets and 4 side facing rail gun turrets on each side plus an added 32 missile bys on each side pod this ship is deadly if flown by the correct pilot

i maybe adding certain rooms internally ie bridge, engine room, turret control centre, cyrosleep room and maybe an A.I. centre in future updates

C&C welcomed and greatly needed

:NOTE: other views available on request :)
    89370.jpg
    32 Archer tubes on both sides, each Tube can "fire" 32 Archers = about 2048 Missiles in a Single Salvo... or something like that, either way shes' packing a a helluva punch....for a Frigate.

Also why Red?
    decided to go with my own colour schyme tbh and thats all i had on hand at the time lol might change them at some point if i can create or find better ones

i'm kinda no good at uv unwrapping and mapping etc
    Well it's your model, I was just wondering.
    yeah thats only a low poly game model at the minute thinking of adding some internal areas but not sure where to start ideas are welcome :)
    Oh, what games it for?
    x3 reunion / x3 terran conflict :)

i'm also wanting to do some new turrets to go with it but i have no clue as to how the turrets of the savanna ( halo reach ) where so its hard to make something with out any reference material
    If you have Halo Reach, you can Simply play the level, go into Theater mod, once the Levels done, then get a close up of the Savannah , if you don't have Reach...you could search high & low for Close up pics
    after browsing the web and finding no reference images of the savanna's turrets i decided to create my own concept turret

these might be final on the release model but if i can eventually get some better ideas or ref's than i may change them

anyway presenting the 1200mm repeator turret
    89431.jpg
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    I would make the turret a lot more chunkier and the barrels smaller as your going to have to feed the ammo to them through inside the mount I guess.

I decided to have two types of ballistic turret on my frigate, a single barrel auto cannon and dual tri barrel gatling type turrets. I still need to beef them up to make sure the ammo can feed in ok : http://liam887.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/rd13.jpg
    You can see the placement around the hull better in this shot: http://liam887.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/frigate-wip.jpg

Loving this ship would love to do a render of it next to my Frigate and destroyer when they are finished!
    nice looking weapons :) i'll be sure to take advice into account on the remodel and i also plan to do a destroyer possibly i know for sure i'll be trying to create a new fleet of ships been in every models nightmare place of a mental block lately lol

nice work on your frigate liam :)
    been a while since i posted anything been having some trouble with my weapon systems so while fighting with them i went and did a slightly different version of the pillar of autumn hope you guys like it

low poly count sitting at just over 5000 poly's

i'd like to add more detail just not sure what or where at the minute

anyway check her out C%C welcome
    89897.jpg
    Damn, for a 5k Model, that is pretty high in Detail.
    i do try to do some detailling as i go and its the main reason i never liked the pillar of autumn much anyway its basicly just a few boxes and cylinders but guess thats also whats so tempting about it to go and build my own
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    Did you see the version they used in Reach it was much more detailed?
    89923.jpg
    looks a lot different i may be ableto use it to make mine better or i may be able to come up with a slightly better concept seems they've changed the design completly
    not sure if it fits in with a halo universe but i knocked up this concept ship to see what you guys think of it and its possible placement with in a halo universe :)

C&C welcome also if anyone wants to join me in doing a full collection of halo ships and ground units for both the USNC and Covi's drop me a PM
    90259.jpg90260.jpg
    Well looking at it...it suits Halo(abit the paint Job)

And if she were 20 km Long (which would make her they largest ship, ever in the UNSC Catalog) she could carry a Dual S-Mac. But she'd need am Massive Power Reactor. And would in all likely hood be an Snail In Space/SlipStream. and would be best Suited to Defence.

I have no Real Critic on the ship, just it's paint job. Thou for the Rule of Awesome, you could put a bunch of Frigate Sized MAC's on the sides for MAC broadsides.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    I would change the red to a darker gray..... but that is a good Halo-verse ship..
  • kippakippa0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice model, reminds of the 'Sulako' from the film 'Aliens'.
    thanks for the comments guys about the paint job i'd like to give it a real job but being no good at uv unwrapping or creating my own textures i'd need someone willing to do the models credit and give them a real good spraying :)

now about the size she's roughly 2/3 the size of the savanna in reach and the dual heads hide a gun in each whether this gun is a smaller mac i havent yet decided i can tell you this though she's capable of using active camoflauge during movement and turret firing but has to drop cloak to fire her main weapons

and now for my first ground unit a new modelled scorpion its still wip atm and theres plenty of work to do the main turret is based off todays real life M1-A1 MBT

:NOTE: the human is a free ref model found on turbosquid so ignore him lol
    90325.jpg90326.jpg
    been a while since i made any updates here and while work slugs along on mos models

i decided to start a couple of new ones a combat helicopter based on the rah-66 and harrier jump jet ie vtol engines and not rotors and the mammoth mobile repair station ( based off the elephant )

anyhow heres a couple renders to show how they going so far

let me know whats you think :)
    90550.jpg90551.jpg90552.jpg
    Ohh Pretties.