Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMetals Halo Meshes

• metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    thanks kalic always happy to please lol still plenty to do on both models the mammoth is proberly the biggest i'll be doing other than the covi scarab i think
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    I really like that combat helicopter. Nice work.
    thanks jimi would have been nice to see somethinglike that in the proper halo games who knows now i've done one it might ake its way to the next halo lol - i wish :D
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    The combat helicopter is looking great, keep up the good work
    thanks ice-dragon nice to see you pop in and check my gear over haha :)
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet. I like that jet/copter hybrid.
    In The Fall Of Reach, there was a section where John is testing out his Mjolnir for the first time with Cortana on board, and ONI sends a "Skyhawk Jump Jet" against him. This is how i imagine the Skyhawk.
    Well done.
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    Bar wrote: »
    Sweet. I like that jet/copter hybrid.
    In The Fall Of Reach, there was a section where John is testing out his Mjolnir for the first time with Cortana on board, and ONI sends a "Skyhawk Jump Jet" against him. This is how i imagine the Skyhawk.
    Well done.

I always imagined the skyhawk as looking similar to the harrier jump jet, resembling more of a fighter then a helicopter.
    Looking good anyway, for the elephant type vehicle I would change the placement of the manned turrets. The arc of fire is small as it cant fire close and below. I would raise them up higher so they can aim downwards more and maybe have them as remote turrets. I think they are only manned as a gameplay mechanic in Halo 3 it would make more sense to have the operators inside to protect them and not have them so exposed?
    liam887 wrote: »
    I always imagined the skyhawk as looking similar to the harrier jump jet, resembling more of a fighter then a helicopter.

Well, from a late 20th century point of view, it's easy to picture it as a harrier. But you have to imagine thatnin 500 years, the technology and design aesthetics change ever so slightly. That craft, while being slender, reminds me more of a light jet fighter than a helicopter, and the unsc design lineage shows a lot of craft with rotating vectored thrust engines rather than anything with fixed wings. I am not really trying to argue a point, merely to explain a bit why I would not have complaints if this design, or one like it, surfaced as a canon version of the sky hawk. And I would see where they were coming from.
    yeah i was thinking of going with remote turrets myself after i'd done some work on the control room added in a small ish 12-14 seat crew/marine room aswell gotta work on the ramps and repair items ie spanners hammer nut and bolts etc texturing this is going to be a pain but oh well lol
    quick bit of an update on the raptor worked on the engines hope they looking good and made a start on the cockpit

heres a few renders

on a side note i'm not sure how the cockpits going to end up like so if anyone spots a mess up gimmie a holla lol

on another side note if anyones willing to texture these babies send me a message as i cant make custom textures so there going to be a mess anyhow :P
    90597.jpg90598.jpg90599.jpg
    Looking sharp. I like the double cockpit.
    And the engines are looking great too.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i fi were u id make the steps recessed in to the site of the hull instead of sticking out like that
    its possible i may do that colbmista might look better and smoother along the hull lines
    liam887 wrote: »

Here's the kind of thing i was thinking of(Please excuse the thread-jack and the lousy photoshop skills, lol):

Perhaps even a slight harrier-esque downturn on the wings would give it a Harrier look.

SkyHawkJumpJet.jpg
    all is forgiven bar not sure i'm liking it but if you can do that in photoshop you know more than i do lol might try it out on a 2nd version and put um side by side for a poll who knows
    Sweet!
    I look forward to that.
    been picking away at another project the scorpion now rebuilt body and done a 2nd turret

also added side mounted tri barrel mini guns and some missile pods those can be inter changed to provide a choice 2nd new turret is dual cannon barrels for an extra kicking :)
    90716.jpg
    Nice. The two barrels and the two chainguns are a nice touch. I like the new driver's window too.
  • rms8_347rms8_347333 Posts: 48Member
    Like the additional weapons, but not crazy about the 20th century M1 Abrams turret on a 24th century tank ?????
  • Kalic-VadekKalic-Vadek0 Posts: 0Member
    26th Century.

Also...why is the Driver still exposed?

Either way I love this Scorpion.
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    I think it depends on what you're going for, in terms of the exposed driver. Since these are game inspired models, function follows form somewhat, and being able to jump in and out of the vehicle qucily and easily seems to be a primary concern in the Halo universe. We see this with the Warthog as well, when it'd make much more sense for such a vehicle to be fully enclosed and more heavily armored with actual doors.

Nice work on the Scorpion so far, but if you're going to start making changes or alternate versions, then I'd aim for a more realistic version, and include not only some elements lifted from real world armored vehicles, but also room inside for more then just one or two crew to operate without being exposed to external combat elements.
    he wont be exposed i just havent added in the glass yet the drivers cockpit will slide foward to allow him to get in and out the m1-a1 turret is due to this being a concept, its designed to give the scorpion a more realistic look and to lower its profile signiture it is possible i'll be making the back end longer to include some more room in side
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool job on the tank,well done.
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    metalsnake wrote: »
    he wont be exposed i just havent added in the glass yet the drivers cockpit will slide foward to allow him to get in and out the m1-a1 turret is due to this being a concept, its designed to give the scorpion a more realistic look and to lower its profile signiture it is possible i'll be making the back end longer to include some more room in side

If your going with realistic get rid of that cockpit. Its far too exposed even with glass.
    been a while since i posted anything i'm currently working outside the box and will get back to these soon i do however have one little problem for one of the models i'm going to be doing

i've made a start on it but i'm having a hard time finding any decent ref images on the usnc prowlers detailing and how the intorier looks if anyone knows where i can find some i'd be greatful otherwise i'm going full concept on the prowlers detailing :P
    I just have pics of the exterior. Interior would likely follow the "In Amber Clad/Spirit Of Fire" style. Although you could make the corridors even more cramped. The ships are supposed to be small.

830px-UNSC_Red_Horse.png

765px-The_Red_Horse.jpg
    yeah suppose a little customization interior wise wouldnt be a problem lol those shots are great on the exterior cheers bar :)
    after bars helpful ref images i managed to do a rough blocked out version of the prowler

as time progresses i'm hoping this will turn out the way i want but we'll see lol of course if anyone spots any errors please holla anyhow heres a quick render NOTE: blue section is the rough version atm
    91073.jpg
    Very nice. Looking really sharp!
    just "wip"ing away lately excuse the blunt pun there :P and incase you didnt get it "wip"ing = whipping lmao anyway i digress alot back to track not done much on the prowler been taking on a project thats got me twisted in details lol

let me introduce the spirit of fire halo reach version, roughly 58% complete the exterior should be complete at about 78% overall the rest of it will be some interior sections and the textures

let me know what you think :D

EDIT dont know why i put halo version in there this things from halo wars lol mind you with all the projects i'm working on its not surprising i get them criss-crossed at some point :P
    91142.jpg91143.jpg