Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Never Ending Project.

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    Good, that means you can move it around for me. :D

UPDATE...
    Just about done.
    1608.jpg
    Here’s the final look. Might work more on the texture because it’s a little too orange looking for me.
    1609.jpg
    And there it is in it’s final resting place. I had a hell of a time trying to get this to render. For some reason the lights woulds just not work. So I merged it into a new scene and now it works. I still need to adjust the lights because in my basement I have a new lighting set up since I had to have my cuircut breaker replaced. Since they were out here doing that that fixed my old ceiling lights for nothing. They haven’t worked in about 30 years.
    1610.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Started to work on the medicine cabinet in my basement bathroom.
    1691.jpg
    Haven’t made a hole in the wall for it yet but it gives me an idea of how it will look when finished.
    1692.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Well it’s time to get back to doing some house work. First I started on The Defiants dedication plaque that I picked up in Vegas many years ago.
    1776.jpg
    The plaque is pretty much done so I started on the display for my Orc sword from Lord Of The Rings.
    1777.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann629 Posts: 1,284Member
    This sort of reminds me of Ready Player One when Wade goes into the recreation house in order to find clues. Not just because that's sort of how it looked in my head but also because it's CGI.
    Never heard of Ready Player One.

UPDATE...
    The sword is now in place.
    17781.jpg
    Finished the handle on the sword and started on my first shot at the leather straps on it. I may just do away with them because I’m not happy with them.
    1779.jpg
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    Is that a orc blade? so precious
    Yes it is. :D

Fantasy just seems to be hard to get right.
    UPDATE...
    Well pretty much done with the sword. I couldn’t get the texture just right so I just went with throwing some dirty metal on there and I’m happy with the final result. I’m also starting to like the look of the leather straps on the handle so I will probably finish them up.
    1788.jpg
    I’ve started to work on one of my big speakers.
    1789.jpg
    I was finally able to get a copy of the only Godzilla movie I haven’t seen. Godzilla vs Biollante.
    UPDATE...
    Well I got tired of unwrapping the Powhatan so I thought I’d go back and do more building.
    I’ve been cleaning out my dad’s old room so I could move into it so I starting to work on that to see what changes I want to make to it before I do anything.
    1866.jpg
    I started to work on the one table I do plan on keeping because it’s one of the few that are in good shape.
    1867.jpg
    1868.jpg
    1869.jpg
    UPDATE...
    The build of the tables is done. Now on to textures.
    1870.jpg
    1871.jpg
    UPDATE...
    And I declare this table done.
    1872.jpg
    1873.jpg
    1874.jpg
    1875.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I’ve been just to busy with personal matters to get any work done but things are starting to calm down, for now. Started to work on a dresser that I’m gonna keep. It’s a real pain in the ass with all the goofy shapes and I had to go back and forth on this thing to get it right. And my computer might be dieing because even after cleaning the fans a bit it still is kind of slow.
    1878.jpg
    1879.jpg
    1880.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Decided to work on the bedroom more so I can get an idea of what I want to do with it. IA’ve already pulled up the old carpet and started to put primer on the walls.

Anyway. HereA’s more work done on the dresser. I probably wonA’t work on this more untill I lock down what I want to do with the room.
    1881.jpg
    IA’ve found the color of the walls. ItA’s called Robin Hood Green. I also changed the trim around the floor. IA’m also gonna install laminate flooring. I thought about hardwood but laminate is cheaper and looks just as good. Only problem is IA’m not sure what direction it should go in. The floor texture is temp for now.
    1889.jpg
    Here is another look with the floor in another direction and I added the second table. My bed will go between the two tables. IA’ve already picked out the bed that I would like to have but I wonA’t get it till the room is finished.
    1890.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Back to the dresser. The top is just about done. The shapes on this thing is killing me. There is no way I could the complicated handles on this thing so I did up a set of nice simple ones.
    1945.jpg
    1946.jpg
    UPDATE...
    As far as I’m concerned the drawer is done. I tried ambiant occlusion again and took at shot at adding chromatic aberation. I’m kinda happy with it even though I didn’t really know what I was doing.
    1947.jpg
    1948.jpg
    And because Rigel over at Foundation 3d asked for a reference picture here it is.
    dsc_0357.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I think I’m pretty much done with the top of the dresser. I just need to take a look at a few places that the measurments might have been wrong.
    1949.jpg
    1950.jpg
    1951.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Ok getting started on the bottom of the dresser. Thankfully I don’t need to do much additional building. Just reuse the parts I’ve already made. The heat over the last few days have been killling me.
    1952.jpg
    1953.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Well as far as I’m concerned the dresser is done. I’m very proud of how it turned out.
    1957.jpg
    1958.jpg
    1959.jpg
    UPDATE...
    The bedroom door is just about done. I’ve added rosettes and a door handle that needs to be finished. I still need to finish up the closet and the windows. After I finish up this room I may end up rebuilding the stuff I’ve done for the basement.
    1962.jpg
    1963.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I found a temp bed and lamp online so I can get a better look of how the room will look. Positions and textures are also temp. Trust me, I don’t have a white bed with pink covers.
    1964.jpg
    The closet is just about done but I need to work on the light and add access to the attic.
    1965.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Started to work on finishing the windows. It’s coming out kind of nice.
    2078.jpg
    I’m also just about done with the closet.
    2079.jpg
    I forgot to add that the lamps and bed are from http://tf3dm.com/.
    UPDATE...
    I thought I’d start on another table. This is a small table I have by the front door. That way I can just throw my keys and wallet on it when I come home.
    2080.jpg
    2081.jpg
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    The blanket and pillows in that render look pretty damn good XFozzboute! Would you show a wire of that scene?
    I didn't make those.

UPDATE....
    Getting close to finishing the build on this thing. I just picked up a copy of Gran Turismo 6 so I don’t know how much work I’ll be getting done.
    2082.jpg
    2083.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Getting close here. I added some textures to the drawer. I still have to make the handle for it. I also added the bottom shelf and I still need to chamfer the edges for that.
    2084.jpg
    2085.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I finished up the drawers and I’m happy with the final look of them for now. I’ve also started the textures for the table itself. I added the three sculptures just to test a few other textures and to see if my idea for the sculpture would work. The green frosted glass didn’t work as well as I hoped it might and I added a small lens flare just for the hell of it.
    2086.jpg
    The colors for the wood aren’t matching as well as I hoped. The wood on the side and leg look fine but the drawers look a little too orange. The color for the top is slightly different but doesn’t look right here so I’ll have to fiddle with it more. I’m really happy with the caustics from the new glass texture.
    2087.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Still no water in the house. Looks like I might have to dig up the yard. Oh well.
    Anyway I feel I’m pretty much done with this table. It still has a few texture issues to deal with but for now it’s done.
    2089.jpg
    And this is the part of the house it normally sits in. The lighthing aint perfect but you get the idea.
    2090.jpg
    UPDATE...
    New month old project. I took the first bedroom I made and had to modify it a bit to make the two smaller bedrooms.
    2223.jpg
    2224.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Not too much work done just a few nitpicky stuff for the main bedroom. Had to change the color because I can’t get it anymore.
    2225.jpg
    I also decided to change the color of the moulding. And I made a light switch. I’ve still got a lot of work to do with the windows and finalzing the doorknobs.
    I wanted to see how it would look, looking from one room to another.
    2226.jpg
    2227.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Not much done here but the windows are nearly complete.
    2228.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Ok, here’s some new stuff. I started to build my computer desk and it’s comoing along nice I think.
    2299.jpg
    2300.jpg
    2301.jpg