Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMadkoifish's Re-Imagined Enterprise

acidstormacidstorm178 Posts: 115Member
edited January 2013 in Finished Work #1
I've been working on this for a couple of days now. This is Dan Uyeno's re-imangined Enterprise. The Earth image was made in photoshop using NASA high res earth maps. The space background has been on my PC for a while now. I don't remember where I got it from.
87186.jpg
Post edited by acidstorm on
Tagged:

• Randy TjangRandy Tjang0 Posts: 0Member
    Woah- the detail is simply amazing...
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    That is simply beautiful
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    If I am doing it correctly I am nominating this for the SFM contest that is going on.
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    Man, I love Madkoifish's version of the Enterprise, and you did a beautiful job with this image. The composition and detail are outstanding. Excellent work!
  • acidstormacidstorm178 Posts: 115Member
    Man, I love Madkoifish's version of the Enterprise, and you did a beautiful job with this image. The composition and detail are outstanding. Excellent work!

Thanks I spent many hours working on this composition. MKF's Enterprise is awesome to work with.
    Mauiman wrote: »
    If I am doing it correctly I am nominating this for the SFM contest that is going on.

Had no idea there is a contest going on. But thanks! That would be neat.
    That is simply beautiful

Thanks. Credit goes to MKF's masterpiece. I just tried my best to make her shine.
    Woah- the detail is simply amazing...

Again more credit to MKF's skill at modeling. I'm just glad I was able to do it justice. :)

I also worked up a huge 7500 x 3750 composite to show off the detail even more and the detail on the Earth image, since it was based off of 21,600 x 10,800 NASA maps. I can't upload it here because of upload limitations.

Anyone wanting to see them can PM me and send them in email. The largest ones are 18 MB jpg's.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Nice Pic!
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    To nominate this for an award, click on the link in my sig, go to the "best gallery image" topic, and enter acidstorm's username and the name of the thread.
    Freak wrote: »
    Very Nice Pic!

Thanks
    Did these up as a suggestion over on another 3D site. Thought I'd share them here though. I did up 4 versions 2 clean and 2 with grain. Also 2 of them have a sun flare just for a bit of something extra in there. No lens flares this time though.

I did these up rather quickly just for fun.
    87257.jpg87258.jpg87259.jpg87260.jpg
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Gorgeous images!
    TrekMD wrote: »
    Gorgeous images!

Thanks. Much appreciation. :)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice but I don't think you need the sun in those pic's.
    Freak wrote: »
    Very nice but I don't think you need the sun in those pic's.

I threw those last renders together very fast. from render to finished comp in less than an hour. I know all the settings to fix them up quickly since the scene is already completed. I just threw those in for fun. Although after I got to looking at the ones with the suns, I would agree. But there is the other options without them.
  • Kyle_K_skiKyle_K_ski0 Posts: 0Member
    I love these. Thank you!
    Kyle_K_ski wrote: »
    I love these. Thank you!

You're welcome. MKF's E is a very fun model to work with.
  • libertyliberty0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice artwork. You should be proud. Someday I'll learn to do this stuff.
    liberty wrote: »
    Very nice artwork. You should be proud. Someday I'll learn to do this stuff.

Thanks. I've gone a lot further with this than I thought possible. I was never that good in a traditional art-sense. I could not draw anything to save my ass! With the digital medium it has allowed me to do things artistcally I never thought I could do.

Just takes loads of time and a lot of practice and learning.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    We are all familiar with the ball turret phasers, and that is all well and good. And yet it seems that those phasers slightly mar the elegance of suacers when done on topside. ATNG era ship with a segmented phaser strip that ends to either side of the registry numbers up top, with ball phasers only underneath and forward, might be something for a later project.

Over at www.federationreference.com Shaw is doing work on actual blueprints of the AMT model over the years. http://federationreference.prophpbb.com/forum20.html

The level of professionalism he shows there blows my mind since I don't have what it takes to do what he did with the 3 footer revisited. Which led me to a thought. As inspiration, perhaps you make take his drawings and flesh both the three-footer and his AMT drawings in CGI, or at least overlap the Casimiro drawings over the AMT drawings and flash back and forth so as to show changes. I'm hoping some of the folks at Revell will consult him or the folks here for their all new tooling for their TOS ENT.
  • eagledocf15eagledocf15357 Houston Texas Posts: 46Member
    publiusr wrote: »
    We are all familiar with the ball turret phasers, and that is all well and good. And yet it seems that those phasers slightly mar the elegance of suacers when done on topside. ATNG era ship with a segmented phaser strip that ends to either side of the registry numbers up top, with ball phasers only underneath and forward, might be something for a later project.

QUOTE]

I disagree. I think if done right the phaser balls can add character to the image. Overdone can be distracting, but not here. Thanks