Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRick's new ship depostory

13»

• rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    Got a lot of good work done toward my Krechet class rendition. I added a good bit more 'bite' to the ship.....I gave it some rotating gun turrets and more missile/torpedo launchers in the nacelle pylons. Still got to work on the nacelles and final detailing......but I am calling this ship 90 percent done.
    98024.jpg
    No commentary or opinion? ... hmmmmmm.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Don't fret. People come and look but don't always comment. It can get annoying at times but your work is being seen. You just have to wait for the person who has an interest in the subject to find the thread and post. I would have posted before but was pretty much off line for a week taking care of my son while his mom was hospitalized. Sometimes I think that everyone expects too much too fast. Just think if you had to wait for an actual letter to arrive at your home to see what someone thought about your work! :o :D

I'd like to see a better render. Too much detail has been lost and the lines are not coming through very well. Right now the ship looks very short and stubby. Do you have a side view to look at?
    In the next day or two I will be uploading a full set of orthos......as the ship is done.
    Presenting for your viewing and consideration. My rendition of the Starfleet Museum ship - The Krechet class. I wanted this to be a more streamlined variant with a considerable more teeth and 'bite' to the ship. Instead of one lower turret, there are two. There are turrets along the top and bottom of the secondary hull. There is a Romulan styled plasma beam weapon emitter on the front surrounded by Torpedo/missile launchers behind sliding doors as well as two rocket launchers mounted in the nacelle pylons.

I kept the inline warp nacelle, but streamlined that too. Hope you all like it.
    98177.jpg98178.jpg98179.jpg98180.jpg98181.jpg
    Almost ready to post some preliminary images of my re-done Amarillo class......This one though has considerable more bite and teeth.....it could well be considered a gunship. Got a teaser image for you though. Wish I knew how to change the thread picture to go with the current image.
    98341.jpg
    The Alamo Class Cruiser

In this posting, The background and backstory and Orthos and features illustrations - next posting, Kerkythea renders of area of the ship.

I tried to really do a heavily armed vessel without taking it to an uber-ish state. I think I succeeded in that goal. As always, Opinions, comments critiques are welcomed.

The Alamo Class Battleship is the latest development by a special branch of Starfleet and the UFP known as UESPA. UESPA ( United Earth Space Protection Agency ) began as the predecessor to Starfleet when it was known as United Earth Space Agency. Over time, the department morphed into the department it is today.
    The UESPA is concerned with conflict resolution. After the Dominion war, Borg encounters including Wolf 352, encounters with the Sona, Romulans, and other species, the UESPA was assigned the task of developing top level battle technology and ships able to utilize that technology. Their goal is to create ships that can turn the tide of any battle toward victory for Starfleet and the UFP and to bring a decisive end to an armed conflict.
    The Alamo class is named after the legendary San Antonio, Texas fort. Following the basic lines as the early Amarillo Class is no co-incidence. The designers felt that the space frame was the most battle worthy design ever created by the infant Starfleet and the UESPA.
    Some of the features of the class are laser and phaser turrets instead of collimated phaser arrays and point phasers. During testing, the turrets were 32 percent more efficient at discharging energy and directing it at a target than traditional phaser defenses. Torpedoes and Missile defenses are also prevalent in the design.
    Most ship captains are unaware that ships of this nature exist and the mission of the UESPA. However, ship computers are not unaware, and thorough a series of transmitted computer codes, a UESPA captain can directly control a standard Starfleet ship, with or without the permission and assistance of the ship or her crew.
    It is worth noting that the lead ship in the class, The UESPA ALAMO engaged William RikerA’s ship, the Luna class TITAN in war-games and after only a span of 90 seconds, the Titan surrendered the battle and named the Alamo as the decisive winner.
    Plans are underway to ascertain how well the Alamo could withstand a concerted attack by multiple Borg cubes, how the ship will fare is anyoneA’s guess, but after seeing the ship in action, my money would be on the ALAMO.
    One unique feature of the Alamo class is a type of weapon, originally seen in early Romulan ships, however, the technology has been updated and now it is thought to be the elusive A“Borg killerA” weapon that Starfleet and the UFP have been attempting to develop. It is a Plasma beam emitter. It discharges photon charged warp plasma encased in a collimated phaser beam. Exactly how this would affect Borg cubes is unknown, but it is thought that the beam would simply melt a huge hole in the ship rendering it incapable of operation, Multiple beams fired from multiple ships would be enough to reduce a cube to nothing more than a blob of molten metal, or so UESPA engineers think,
    Lastly, since the UESPA and their ships are so secretive, and not directly governed by the UFP and Starfleet, the Alamo class is fitted with a fully functioning cloaking device developed by the UESPA scientists and engineers. Whether or not history proves this a violation of the treaty between the Romulans and the UFP regarding cloaking device technology remains to be seen.
    98580.jpg98581.jpg
    Selected renders of the Alamo Class battlescruiser
    98582.jpg98583.jpg98584.jpg98585.jpg
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Great work rwking!:thumb:
    Thank you Cavebear
    Will be offline and without computer access for an undetermined length of time.....designing will have to go on the backburner.....if the thread advances too far down the line, then I will just let the thread die away and begin a new thread.