Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTroop Transport

• StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    edited June 2022 #212
    Motors for the Mining colony:

vrk03t5ttdx4.jpg
    q44jrc38ggqx.jpg
    Post edited by Starrigger on
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    The way you have it the ring structure looks like it's permanently attached to the astroid should make it look like it's temperary
    Do something like cables that get shot in at a few points on the astroid and then anchors it's self to it
    colbmista wrote: »
    The way you have it the ring structure looks like it's permanently attached to the astroid should make it look like it's temperary

I think you're right.. I'll see what I can do.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    The ring might be permanent, moving from rock to rock...
    The ring might be permanent, moving from rock to rock...
    that would be a waste of material and going back and forth from planet to as trois field to get more material to make rings would be expensive for fuel so making a single ring with some kinda cable anchor system to anchor the as trois to the ring and then remove the cables after the astroid is mined out and yeah there you go
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. They pull an asteroid in, or tug the ring to one, then the spokes drive in and they empty it. The ring lives in space, in the asteroid field.
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. They pull an asteroid in, or tug the ring to one, then the spokes drive in and they empty it. The ring lives in space, in the asteroid field.
    Yes and what I'm getting st is how he has it modeled now with the 3 legs attached to the Astroid makes it look like it's permanently attached to it having 3 or 4 cables latched on I stead would be more logical
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    whether the ring is built onto an asteroid and then scrapped once it has brought the asteroid to a refining facility or is able to capture asteroids, bring them in and then go off to fetch others will depend on two factors, the relative cost of fuel versus construction and the delta v needed for the trip from asteroid field to refinery (and also the other trip from refinery back to asteroid field, the two deltaVs are not necessarily the same). It would usually be assumed that it is cheaper to use the same ring again and again unless fuel is really expensive, construction is really cheap or fuel is moderately expensive and the delta V to go back is huge. for being lightweight cables would be a good idea, as that way the ring can move the asteroid via a set of cables in tension rather than by beams and rods in compression/shear . using tensile structures rather than compressive ones usually decreases structural mass, see this ( http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/slowerlight.php#valkyrie )for some more stuff on starships with tensile elements. the model looks cool but part of me thinks that the rock should be modelled to full detail before designing the supports. the engine design is also nice, seems rather realistic (for a chemical or nerva ntr design) and i think i can see some gimbals.
    edited June 2022 #221
    A first look at the excesses of ConGlom Headquarters

s7vmo72o4zox.jpg
    q8a5wry2gpdr.jpg
    edited June 2022 #222
    More Miner Images... Cable system in the works.

iemq59fcxo23.jpg
    jc63fg2cw8ie.jpg
    ndaym6t93hx5.jpg
    I LOVE the ConGlom HQ! Brilliant!
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Like the headquarters, quite a nice unique feel to it. Looks very much like you'd imagine a corp HQ to look in space, practical and functional and yet with a certain level of opulence to it. Nice work.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    From the orientation of the towers, one presumes that ConGlom at least has access to some form of artificial gravity generator?
    edited June 2022 #226
    Yeah, this will be a universe with AG, I am not going to expend much thought on how this AG is generated, I just know that since I will be filming live action with a non-existent budget I'm going to have to cut some corners! ;)
    Jenny wrote: »
    From the orientation of the towers, one presumes that ConGlom at least has access to some form of artificial gravity generator?

some more ConGlom images:

hsematb16wws.jpg
    cz2kp2qubtqq.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    That's fine; I just wanted to point out the presumption of AG, in case you later came back and went, "Ooops, there's no gravity there!" :cool:
  • DaemoriaDaemoria331 Posts: 0Member
    How big is that HQ? Are those spires in the center something like a 100+ floor terrestrial sky scraper? If so, this is going to be awesome to have scale shots with all your vessels swarming it.
    It's BIG! A city in space, the swarming will be cool! This mesh will be for Medium to long shots, I am pushing the limits of my system with most of these meshes so I will be building more detailed sections for any close-ups I need.
    Daemoria wrote: »
    How big is that HQ? Are those spires in the center something like a 100+ floor terrestrial sky scraper? If so, this is going to be awesome to have scale shots with all your vessels swarming it.
    looks good against the planet. as a thought have you considered giving it a space elevator, hang a cable down from the bottom to the planet's surface. it would need to be in a higher orbit (geostationary for earth is at 36000 km) but that'll make it easier for spacecraft to reach it aswell. in your universe is this the biggest space station/ship or are there others the same size and larger?
    looks good against the planet. as a thought have you considered giving it a space elevator, hang a cable down from the bottom to the planet's surface. it would need to be in a higher orbit (geostationary for earth is at 36000 km) but that'll make it easier for spacecraft to reach it aswell. in your universe is this the biggest space station/ship or are there others the same size and larger?

This is probably the largest Station of this kind, I imagine that there are "Depot" stations of various sizes between the planets that serve in a huge bucket brigade supply system. A space elevator could be an interesting inclusion... I'll have to think about it.
    I feel like the HQ is too big and important to sit over one measly resource planet... it might be situated over an independent world or a pleasure world (the planetary version of a gated community?) with massive supply ships coming in and out. There could be Franchise sub-ships (the office park equiv of this New York central headquarters) that coordinate the people on all the worlds. The franchise ships are big, but can still dock (or maybe plug in like USB thumbdrives) into those end ports.
    edited June 2022 #233
    I feel like the HQ is too big and important to sit over one measly resource planet... it might be situated over an independent world or a pleasure world (the planetary version of a gated community?) with massive supply ships coming in and out. There could be Franchise sub-ships (the office park equiv of this New York central headquarters) that coordinate the people on all the worlds. The franchise ships are big, but can still dock (or maybe plug in like USB thumbdrives) into those end ports.

HQ would be orbiting the richest planet in ConGlom controlled space, I like the idea of "Franchises" so here is a quick throw together of what one of those ships might look like:

mfueecf26l07.jpg
    htz5mb70j3gi.jpg
    t968yy755t8u.jpg
    y6irs5537otp.jpg
    Awesome! And that's totally a USB port too! (You can imagine there's ONE ship that tries to dock upside down!)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's really cool. I like the city on top. :)
    nice idea, really does look like someone strapped engines onto a station. this ship being primarily designed to act as a station over a planet but also capable of interstellar flight. city on top (the skyscraper section at the rear, the low bit ahead seems alright in this respect) looks like it would play havoc with your centre of mass but maybe some big radiators hanging from below could help correct that. ofcourse when this ship "unplugs" from the main station it WILL matter whether someone clicks "safely remove external hardware", lol.
    edited June 2022 #237
    You guys are funny :lol: Here are some orthos:

ppc63joideyr.jpg
    qty28xl6qqoy.jpg
    9fw4wrcezerg.jpg
    u2417b7850bs.jpg
    al67tk7z96zd.jpg
    edited June 2022 #238
    and a couple more renders:

fz76bti19bzf.jpg
    l4c202t8mchx.jpg
    zw7eface03sw.jpg
    once again i like your engines, you're just so damned good at bell nozzles. also lets not forget plug and play, what sort of infections might get across if the airlocks open automatically when this docks,lol.
    edited June 2022 #240
    Giving ConGlom a real name: Uni-Cor (Universal Corporation)

What do you think?

zlfz458cdkvq.jpg
    symbol looks a bit too simple and has too many contrasting colours. go for colours that look better together and add a little more detail somewhere. maybe have two logos, one without details used for stamping on crates,merchandise,uniforms,labels. and one which is similar to the simple one but with more details, this one would be used for flags, large images and markings on ships. you can also remove the text from below, how often do you see a corporate logo which actually has the name unless the name is the main feature of the logo? (the windows and apple logos have no text, the tesco,bbc, amazon,ford,fedex) .as for the choice of name i know with what it stands for conglom can't be the name but it did sound better, uni-cor sounds far too much like a generic name of the type used when people sarcasticly discuss companies. maybe think of the industry or place they started in and use that as your basis (the east india company didn't just operate in east india when it reached it's height), invent a little history they probably didn't originally plan to be the corporate rulers of your universe, they became that as time went on.