Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

3D[WIP] The Askiirkk (Plectitor Sapiens Rex)

The ForerunnerThe Forerunner0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hey there fellow modelers.
It's been a while since I last posted anything here (family issues and stuff) but I'm back, and I present you with: The Askiirkk (pronounced Askari) the main race from my fiction universe; hope you like him.

It's still wip so comments and critique appreciated XD
Model made in 3ds max, sculpting and texturing in Zbrush.

Trk.jpg

Screens:

side-front_comp.jpg

face_persp.jpg

face-front.jpg

face-side.jpg

And the turntables

And again, comments are welcome :D

Trk2.jpg
Post edited by The Forerunner on

• SchimpfySchimpfy171 Posts: 0Member
    Not enough characters around here so this is very refreshing to see. Awesome work. :) Love that skin texture. :thumb:
  • LockeFPLockeFP0 Posts: 0Member
    Great art, there. And stunning render craft, as well. Is it's mouth the beige area just below the eye-ridge? And if I may say, it could use a set of breathing vents (nose) just above the eye-ridge and below the head-gear.
  • The ForerunnerThe Forerunner0 Posts: 0Member
    LockeFP wrote: »
    Great art, there. And stunning render craft, as well. Is it's mouth the beige area just below the eye-ridge? And if I may say, it could use a set of breathing vents (nose) just above the eye-ridge and below the head-gear.

Thanks!
    Yup that's his mouth, and good idea! I'll add the vents :D
  • LockeFPLockeFP0 Posts: 0Member
    You might consider making them large, like a horse's. It looks like this guy would like to run a lot. Large breathing vents would make that easier.
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    LockeFP wrote: »
    You might consider making them large, like a horse's. It looks like this guy would like to run a lot. Large breathing vents would make that easier.

I agree, the shape of the "nose" already lends itself to having large nostrils. Though its legs look a little bulky for a runner. Though elephants are quite the chargers.