Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationChris2005's Stuff

• Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Sorry for the many posts...

I'm also testing Ky_Trail Pro, much more functional over the standard Ky_Trail plugin for 3ds max.

For some reason the second video won't finish processing... I'll post it when it's done...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    I thought about trying that out. I've been hesitant since the full version costs 89€ which is quite a bit :p
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    Well, from the wireframe image I saw, the model is actually pretty high poly... I mean it's not low nor is it killer high.

That's because it's one of the best Voyager meshes out there, despite its age. :) That wireframe definitely shows just how good it is.
    That's because it's one of the best Voyager meshes out there, despite its age. :) That wireframe definitely shows just how good it is.

Yea, but the CG model has its flaws, like the severe warping in some areas.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Yeah, I saw some "pinching" around the phaser strips on your leaving DS9 video. However, some of that could also be import errors. I know I get a lot of those type things whenever I try to import .lwo meshes.
    Yeah, I saw some "pinching" around the phaser strips on your leaving DS9 video. However, some of that could also be import errors. I know I get a lot of those type things whenever I try to import .lwo meshes.

lol, I'm talking about the CG model from Voyager itself... not Sarod's, haha.
    Melak wrote: »
    I thought about trying that out. I've been hesitant since the full version costs 89€ which is quite a bit :p

Yea, I've been using the 14 day trial, not sure if I'll buy it or not... it so far seems worth it.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Ah, the one from Foundation Imaging. Yeah, it's a great model but it has its issues as well.
    Ah, the one from Foundation Imaging. Yeah, it's a great model but it has its issues as well.

Yea, that's the model in images I posted, with the wireframe...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Here's the second video:
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    That looks neat :)

Say...is the full version multithreaded? Would be a shame to waste 7 other threads that could be working at once :/
    I suppose I could run 8 copies of max at once and let them render different segments of the sequences, but that might not always be practical :p

Say...is the full version multithreaded? Would be a shame to waste 7 other threads that could be working at once :/
    I suppose I could run 8 copies of max at once and let them render different segments of the sequences, but that might not always be practical :p

It's being emitted from a circle spline object.

Not sure, I can always ask the creator of the plugin...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro

The main differences between the pro version and the free version, are:
    1. Added multi-threading support for rendering trails.
    2. Significantly increased performance when using particle systems (including Particle Flow) as emitters.
    3. Added a new type of emitters - Vertex Emitter. Allows you to build trails for all or only selected vertices of geometric objects.
    4. Added advanced control of own time of trails. Allows you to animate the trails regardless of the scene time.
    5. Added parameters which change the life duration of the trail particles, depending on the properties of the emitters.
    6. Added new types of particles.
    7. Added ability to independent control of change the parameters of the trail particles by time.
    8. Added parameters which change the size of the trail particles, depending on the properties of the emitters.
    9. Added a new model for describing the color of the trail particles.
    10. Added ability to override the color of the trail particles, depending on the properties of the emitters.
    11. Added parameters which change the intensity of the trail particles, depending on the properties of the emitters.
    12. Improved control of scattering of the trail particles.
    13. Added parameters to control of the trail warping.
    14. Added setting of inertia of the trail particles.
    15. Added a new blending mode.
    16. Added support for RGBA 32-bit Floating-point Frame Buffer.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    That's a really cool effect. :D
    That's a really cool effect. :D

How about these? :D
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Dude, I don't know how to do effects, so it's all cool to me. :D
    I know it's your thread and all, but I figure since you got me curious about this plugin again, it's only fair I post this here :p

Finally got to use my nuclear war script! :D

Nothing I couldn't have done with the regular version, but whatever :p
    Dude, I don't know how to do effects, so it's all cool to me. :D

It's very simple, I can make a YouTube video, the creator of the plugin said he was working on tutorials, but that was 3 months ago more or less, lol.
    I know it's your thread and all, but I figure since you got me curious about this plugin again, it's only fair I post this here :p

Finally got to use my nuclear war script! :D

Nothing I couldn't have done with the regular version, but whatever :p

It's alright, I'm not anal over my threads, lol.

Looks very cool.

True, however, the Pro version allows particle systems to be used, etc.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    It's very simple, I can make a YouTube video, the creator of the plugin said he was working on tutorials, but that was 3 months ago more or less, lol.

It would be really simple, if I had 3DS Max. But, alas, it's way out of my price range (and don't talk to me about student versions, I'm not a student and don't know any.)
    It would be really simple, if I had 3DS Max. But, alas, it's way out of my price range (and don't talk to me about student versions, I'm not a student and don't know any.)

lol, true, true.

I love the student versions, which Autodesk offers for free to students... no joke, it has a time limit serial though, of like 1,000 or so days, or something...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • IronscytheIronscythe0 Posts: 0Member

The clips are complete, now onto some actual videos... perhaps a Borg oriented video, or a Species 8472 video...

attachment.php?attachmentid=92183&d=1313567402

Okay, okay, good, now show the Delta Flyer crashing through the shuttlebay door and taking out the doorframe because it's canonically far too large to fit through and they never explained how it gets in and out
    Ironscythe wrote: »
    Okay, okay, good, now show the Delta Flyer crashing through the shuttlebay door and taking out the doorframe because it's canonically far too large to fit through and they never explained how it gets in and out

I'd read this:
    http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/delta-size.htm
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Now that the spine texture is correct, with help from Eric himself, I'm migrating to this model, since the textures are more true to the actual series, as well as the lack of geometry issues, since the model was created in Max.

Shot1.png

Shot2.png

Shot3.png

So, I'm working on multiple things right now, the sun in the first shot of Voyager's Title Credits, the blue cloud as well, and FE's Voyager...

While the first 2 images using Area Shadow, the last one uses Raytrace... I prefer raytrace, for it's accuracy in terms of space, but it's also faster...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    It looks like there are some smoothing errors around some of the cut-outs. I can see some around the forward top sensor array (either that or it's just the textures, but I don't think it is.)
    It looks like there are some smoothing errors around some of the cut-outs. I can see some around the forward top sensor array (either that or it's just the textures, but I don't think it is.)

Perhaps you can use the image you mean, and outline where you see them, because I'm at a loss, haha.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    a bit late for this reply about the delta flyer, but ive always wondered that aswell... The Do'h moment when they launch the ship for the first time... arent they on the clock aswell..??

then bang... sparks everwhere janeway flies off her chair on the bridge... "Paris to bridge.. we have a problem"

on another note.. when they were sat talking about designing a new shuttle craft, why didnt anyone listen to the guy in yellow just off camera saying "what about that huge shuttle attached to the bottem of the saucer section.. we've never used that... we should see how that does before we start building one from scratch..."

"also some of the crew have been talking.. we've been on this ship for nearly four years now, and some of us think its time we deserve promotions.. i'm only a crewman and ive had the bridge at least 6 times...."

Sorry i think im funny......

Been watching this thread for a while... your lighting looks great in the stills.. i cant wait to see how you get on with the blue cloud shot...
    Here, the illustrated version:

attachment.php?attachmentid=92376&d=1314553044

That whole area around that sensor cutout looks like a mess of smoothing errors. There also might be some around the deflector cutout right in front of it. There might be more on other parts of the model, I can't see close enough to tell.
    91193.png
    Here, the illustrated version:

attachment.php?attachmentid=92376&d=1314553044

That whole area around that sensor cutout looks like a mess of smoothing errors. There also might be some around the deflector cutout right in front of it. There might be more on other parts of the model, I can't see close enough to tell.

ah, ok.

Well, it's less noticeable than the issues on Sarod's... regardless of light angles...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro

Since this a viewport capture, obviously can't add credits in the video, but the Voyager is by Flat Eric and the Delta Flyer is by Ed Giddings, and the revisions to the flyer are by Elpin.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro

While I work on perfecting some of the effects for the Voyager credits, I'm putting together a somewhat less challenging sequence, of various FX clips from a few Voyager episodes...

vlcsnap-2011-08-31-22h01m21s179.jpg
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta188 Seattle, WAPosts: 60Member
    wow...that last animation is pretty darn good!