Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBSG Arelion paramilitary space fortress

L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hi !

in order to land my custom vipers somewhere, here's where they are suposed to go.
in the arelion space fortress.

for now : the CIC
will be in an amphitheater shape, and to save money from buying big screens, they use a lot of projectors. will be 3 levels, and in the center, the tactical table

cic01.jpg
cic02.jpg
cic03.jpg
85376.jpg
Post edited by L2K on

• L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    update on the CIC

cic04.jpg
    cic05.jpg
    cic06.jpg
    cic07.jpg
    cic08.jpg
  • Robert HarrisonRobert Harrison1 Posts: 16Member
    Holy nice... this looks almost finished? you got much more to do other then the textures
    hi

there wont be more workstations, but its far from finished.
    the walls are still empty, such is the roof. i'll put some ventilation shafts, loose cables, chairs, lamps, doors, and a huge flag on the wall.

and it lacks people too. theres about 25 people working in there.
    and there's some space i havent figured out what to do with too...
  • CoolhandCoolhand283 Mountain LairPosts: 1,294Member
    cool nice modelling.
    L2K wrote: »
    and there's some space i havent figured out what to do with too...

Vending machines?:D
    :o holy hell, you see my computer would throw a fit if i tried to add that much detail to my models!!! In fact it slows down big time when i open my Carrier ship ;)
    vending machine :D
    maybe that, and in the other side, the copy machine

robert, the scene is around 330k poly, that's not so much. nearly all the polies are in the workstations. the room geometry is pretty simple.
    Yup i am pretty sure my computer would die!!! hehehe not quite but not far off...
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with everyone this cic is frakkin perfect jajajaja wanna see more
    update. a few details, small lamps and chairs.
    polycount is 550k (chairs are lights, but theres lots of them)

now, a few pipes :)

cic10.jpg
    cic11.jpg
    cic12.jpg
    updates. not much in modeling, but i'm planting the lights

i think i'll color some of those lights.
    i'm going for red on the big doors, a cold blue over the tables, and a bit more yellowish for the ambiants

cic15.jpg
    cic16.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Nice stuff, the lights are really bringing it to life. Just remember to keep it all dark and gritty :D
    wow
    thx :)

updates trying differents colors
    cic17.jpg
    cic18.jpg
    cic19.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    look at that! you have a nice thing going on here. just keep it up, subbed to this thread, and will stalk you with every following notification XD. is this your first big scene or? I'm asking just to know whether you're doing it to enhance your certain skills (modeling, rendering, texturing), or are you doing it just for fun?
    draeval, its all done for fun. to relax between 2 projects at work.
    i had a painful work week

more views and more little lights :
    cic20.jpg
    cic21.jpg
    cic22.jpg
    Still wow wonder how it looks like outside
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    I think that big screen in the back would look way better if you just used it as a screen instead of a piece of wall onto which you project images. Drop the whole *it's because it's cheaper* part, big screen for the win ;)

Also, is there some kind of window available or is this CIC biurried deep within the station?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    BorgMan wrote: »
    I think that big screen in the back would look way better if you just used it as a screen instead of a piece of wall onto which you project images. Drop the whole *it's because it's cheaper* part, big screen for the win ;)

Also, is there some kind of window available or is this CIC biurried deep within the station?

I personally like this indention for big screen in the wall - it just fits with no-bucks-no-screen concept, so to say XD. It adds a lot to realism, and no-money concept really kicks in when you spot this huge blank wall with projections. Really BSGish if you ask me :D.

Also BorgMan, just to make things clean I'm not trashing your opinion in any way. Just sharing my own while accepting your own.
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Oooooh, Wow. Now thats cool.
    thanks guys, glad you like it :)

borgman, its buried deep in the station, so, no window. but, there will be an air (space) trafic control room on the flank of the bangar bays, which will have larges windows.

projectors are cheapers. and console displays are not touch screens.
    big screens for the winners... :D should i remind you what happened to the 12 colonies that one day ?

only one image today. takes forever on my home computer.
    a few corrections and better screen textures
    cic23.jpg
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice love triangular screen thingies cool colours on them :)
    Keep up the good work.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    L2K wrote: »
    thanks guys, glad you like it :)
    projectors are cheapers. and console displays are not touch screens.
    big screens for the winners... :D should i remind you what happened to the 12 colonies that one day ?

Ofcourse they lost, they didn't have fancy big screens to show them what happened!

;)

(something) for the win is an expression, but the Urban Dictionary states it way better:
    "For The Win." An enthusiastic emphasis to the end of a comment, message, or post. Sometimes genuine, but often sarcastic. Originated from the game show Hollywood Squares where the result of the player's response is expected to win the game.
    Bob: Your 1up t-shirt rocks
    Sally: 1up t-shirts ftw.

No, it isn't meant sarcastic here, just genuinely ^_^ But yeah, it's your station, I just thought it would look cool. Sometimes *it looks cool* is the only reason you need to do something (or don't ;))!
    a bit of textures today. render time climbs (13min/frame :s ).
    i dont want to imagine the render time when i'll destroy this room and crush poor operators under huge metal beams.
    the ground is too dirty, i now, i'll change it later. i'll add a few color stripes on the wall paterns too.

ok borgman, now i get it :p i never heard it before.
    and yes, im familiar with the rule of cool ;)
    but sometimes, you have to make thing uncool to set up a background or a storyline

edit : theres a missing spot on the stairs. just seen it.

cic24.jpg
    cic25.jpg
    cic26.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow that looks really nice ! :thumb: A bit too grainy for my tastes but still the level of detail is cool :D
    thanks :) its grainy because of the quality of the render. its awfuly slow. (last 2 image took 21 and 22min :s )
    heres a few more colors.
    on the 2nd image, these are the projectors (2 of them. theres 3 in total. glow in PS)

i dont like how the center flag looks like. i'll change it later.

cic27.jpg
    cic28.jpg
    cic29.jpg
    cic30.jpg
    a little more today.
    i thought i had scale issues, but in the end, no. maybe just a few consoles have to be a little higher, but the rest looks good.
    i also started the people

cic31.jpg
    cic32.jpg
    cic33.jpg
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    ItA’s to much impressive!
    one last for today, and im heading home
    face, cap, and rank

cic34.jpg
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    impressive WIP here, just a suggestion from me, but I think some distance fog inside the big room would help the eye pick out the details better, just enough to give it some atmosphere like they do in the movies, I'm not suggesting outdoor levels of fog or anything
  • MeatshieldMeatshield0 Posts: 0Member
    Isn't it "Aerilon"?