Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DModified Corellian CR90

• AldrikGAldrikG0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow. This is wicked cool.

I love your take on this ship, and the mesh look gorgeous. Nicely done!
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Good God man!!! Dude, I think you may be getting a call from George Lucas pretty soon. He may have a job waiting for you. That is some nice work man. :thumb:
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    This is the best CR90 corvette I've seen here.:o
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    I agree,awesome details and outstanding effort.
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks again for the interest and the kind words. All comments are appreciated.

I've been tidying up the loose ends and filling out the last of the blank detail areas. I blocked out an interior and experimented with some different interior materials. I ended up with a self illuminated material and a standard spotlight setup. Not sure which one I prefer at the moment.

I sorted out the communication dish actuator. Decided to maintain the theme from some of the other mechanisms.
    84233.jpg84234.jpg84235.jpg
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    meugen06 wrote: »
    This is the best CR90 corvette I've seen here.:o

This is the best CR90 corvette I've ever seen anywhere. Including the comics.
  • quetzalquetzal0 Posts: 0Member
    I've always wondered if the corvette had any other windows besides the one at the bridge. With the windows, your version is a THOUSAND times better than the original.

My hats off to you sir, Keep up the great work
  • frostrubinfrostrubin331 Posts: 0Member
    WOW! The details are gorgeous. I like the landing gears.
  • The lack of windows od the Tantive IV was explained in one of the cross section books. They were armored over.

Which was to show just how dangerous the Galaxy had become...

Which is a good an explaination as any.

Also considering we don't know how powerful the shields are, games aside. In SW IV we see a ship under attack from another ship, that is better than ten times the size of the first. Meaning that the surface area of the shields is quite different, to say the least. So they may have had the same energy density, but the larger ship had the greater resources...
  • absolutely amazing! :thumb:
    These are the last of the WIP renders. I could go on detailing for ever but I want to move onto other projects. That said, if I've missed something or theres an area that looks odd please let me know. Its hard to stay objective when staring at the same things for hours on end.

If all is well I'll render a few big orthos during the week.

I never really appreciated the size of the CR90 until I boxed out the falcon. Perception is a strange thing....

Regarding the windows: The Tantive model was originally built as the Millenium Falcon. When they repurposed it I think they had to obscure anything that would imply a smaller size. The armour plating story may have been derived from this. I wanted to add a way to visually scale the model, windows always work well for this.
    84252.jpg84253.jpg84254.jpg
  • KhayKhay0 Posts: 0Member
    Your ship is wonderfull, i really like the huge central landing gear.
    Took about 4 hours each at 3840 x 2160 with high final gather settings. While I was waiting I decided that I would upload the model for SFM as a thanks for the many years of inspiration the community has given me. I'm looking into the best way of doing that right now. I don't imagine a 300mb 3DS Max 10 file is going to be ideal. If there is anyone who has experience or knowledge in exporting for all software please contact me via PM or Messenger or just a reply here. At the moment I'm looking at FBX format but the exporter seems to hang midway through the process.
    84411.jpg84412.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow this is just brilliant :o You've created an absolute killer detail beast ! :thumb:
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    awesome!!! :thumb:
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Looks fabulous! - Did you leave out the textures on purpose? - I would imagine they would lift that model to an even higher standard.

You might want to check on the spelling on good ol Ralph McQuarrie :)
    Ooh, quality typo's. There aren't any bitmap textures, just very light procedural materials; thats why the cockpit has that modern-art-on-wall look. I didn't want to go down the traditional Star Wars weathered route because of the time involved. Theres just too much geometry to deal with, and I want to move on to other projects. I get more from building meshes than rendering if I'm honest.

Right I better fix Max MaQuarrie.....
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Best version of this ship I have ever seen,congrats on a brilliant model.
  • largolargo331 Posts: 0Member
    I want it
  • Darth ZiggyDarth Ziggy0 Posts: 0Member
    That ship is gorgeous! Fantastic job! :thumb:
    I've prepared a .max file for publishing to SFM. It comes in at 95mb zipped up. With a nod from they-who-be-in-charge I'll put t up.

The first few attempts to export met with limited and predictable success. The meshes export OK to .fbx and .obj but the material ID's do not. Both exporters collapse the multi-material into per mesh materials with unique ID's making it rather awkward to change the scheme. I'll keep looking into it. There are a few time consuming options available.
  • Darth ZiggyDarth Ziggy0 Posts: 0Member
    Ummm....don't worry, we'll wait. :) (Darth Ziggy giggles like a mad scientist)
  • ScathaScatha0 Posts: 0Member
    :thumb: Stunning!
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking forward to the release of this masterpiece. Thnx.
  • Jedi PowerJedi Power171 Posts: 25Member
    Absolutely superb work David! Can we get this image you have on your website in a full size? I would love to have it as my wallpaper. Will you be creating more Star Wars ships? Perhaps some new unique Star Wars creations?

corellian_cr90___perspective_by_dlamont-d308syj.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    R2 and C3PO launch in a lifeboat from one of these. Are those the lifeboats on the ventral side of the protrusion that has turrets sitting on the dorsal side? If not... where are the lifeboats?
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Fantastic looking model.

-Brian
    It's been a while since I looked at this. I spent ages trying to work out a way of procedurally generating wear patterns and thanks to recent help from Melak I finally made some progress. Still more work to do but its a slow process.

R139a.jpg
    R139b.jpg
  • AardwolfAardwolf171 Posts: 82Member
    Oh wow, nice update.

And here I was thinking some noob had gone and necroposted.
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    You win.:thumb: