Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DModified Corellian CR90

dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Hi folks,

This has been one of those on-off projects that I fiddle with when I get the chance. This is a fairly normal process for me which is why I don't post many WIP's and why I'm beginning the thread with mid-point renders.

I started with the Tantive reference images from www.modelermagic.com; big thanks to those guys! I decided almost immediately that I didn't want to do the stock Tantive. It's been done many times so I opted to change a load of the details In the hope that it would look different enough to make it worthwhile.

Theres a lot still to do; corrections, replacement parts, material fun and more details to come. I'll try to get some closer renders and commentary posted soon. Thanks for reading!
84016.jpg
84017.jpg
84018.jpg
84019.jpg
Post edited by dwl on
Tagged:

• tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Wow - that looks awesome! Nothing to correct from my point of view...
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    Sweet ride. I like the landing gear idea.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    very impressive
  • Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
    WOW this is awesome, looks so cool, cant wait to see more detail. This has always been my fave scifi beauty :) Do it justice
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice indeed. Really like those modified side turrets.
  • alleyviperalleyviper0 Posts: 0Member
    Outstanding! Gonna have to go watch SW now.
  • danibenne4danibenne4171 Posts: 6Member
    I am a new modeller and I have been browsing this site for a little while. I have found some simply amazing work by many people. While I am learning, I cannot hope to produce the awesome work that is on this site. I do like to comment here and there on other's work, though and this is by and large the best Corellian ship that I have seen so far. Outstanding!
  • MorpheusMorpheus0 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive job, but I having difficulties noticing the modified version with the original one (I blame my eyes perception). Keep up the good work, and I want to see the lower section render.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah I agree with everyone - it's one of the best Star Wars ships around and also it's not 100% based on the existing model, which is also a plus. All the little changes and details really bring it to life. Looking forward to seeing more shots !
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    :thumb: awesome :thumb:
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    This is how the Blockade Runner should look. I think you have reached that rarest of all points at which nothing could be added nor taken away.
  • CASUAL OBSERVERCASUAL OBSERVER171 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic model. An EXCELLENT example of taking a well known model, adding some small imaginative details, to come up with an impressive and individual design.

Very well done. Looking forward to seeing more.
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    A fine effort indeed,well done.Thanks for posting.
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    That's a beautiful interpretation of one of the coolest scifi ships ever designed. Any chance we could get orthos?
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I refined the landing legs a bit more today. Its still lacking detail but it works mechanically now and packs away into the hull properly. Oh Look-At constraint; how I hate thee....... Max has its quirks but some are just plain annoying.

I've included a few close ups here. At these ranges there are a lot of block shapes visible. I'll probably pick them up in the later stages but for now theres more important work to be done: the forward turrets. Maybe tomorrow.....
    84054.jpg84055.jpg84056.jpg84057.jpg
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Awesome

Can we see a close up of the small turrets?
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    awesome details
  • LentowskyLentowsky172 Posts: 38Member
    That is easily some of the most impressive work I've ever seen. Hell, it IS the most impressive modeling job I've seen. Beyond extremely well done man!
  • MorpheusMorpheus0 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing details, I love the pipework on the engine. :thumb:
    Here are the requested renders. I took the opportunity to update the blaster turrets, there was some ugly geometry that needed to be dealt with. It's put me in the mood for the turbo-lasers because lets face it, everyone one loves turbo charge photons. I'm blaming McLaren for the gold..... yes I am.
    84076.jpg84077.jpg84078.jpg
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    quality

when we get the header back I can see this going straight on it
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    A magnificent work! All those details and greebles... Man itA’s awesome!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I like the solution for the stern landing gear. Very intelligently thought out.
    This is the second pass at the turbo-laser turrets. I went overly complex at first. I wanted the porthole to follow the aim of the barrels but not be on the same pivot. Then I realised it would have to work upside down as well, pft.... some things are never easy. I gave up on that idea and went back to the original plan. Still got some detailing to do on the barrels and the ball. The cowl is a copy of the blaster turrets, the plan is to do that last.

The dish was one of the first areas I detailed, looking at it now it appears that there is no actuator mechanism.... I'll have a think about what to do about that. Open to suggestions!
    84160.jpg84161.jpg
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work. This is an awesome interpretation of one of the coolest ships in scifi. :thumb:
  • soulburn3dsoulburn3d1 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great, love all the little details.

- Neil
  • Your secondaries are better thought out than the original's were. They should pack a punch.

And not a reflection upon you, but those secondaries , should be four forward, Port and Starboard. That is, the escape pods defeat the ship in terms of gunnery blind spots. To expand further: There should be two secondaries on top, one to Port, and one to starboard, with mirrored ones hanging on the bottom. The escape pods cause so many problems...
  • gusdorfgusdorf175 Posts: 51Member
    Fantastic work!
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    That is a very cool and well created ship. Good job.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • LentowskyLentowsky172 Posts: 38Member
    IRML wrote: »
    quality

when we get the header back I can see this going straight on it

Yah, this would definitely have my vote.